- View all PhotosSan Miguel de Allende0.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1246)Free WiFiRead MoreA member of the elite Rosewood hotel group, the Rosewood San Miguel de Allende has quite the reputation to uphold. Most visitors only have good things to say about the property, praising its central location in San Miguel de Allende, friendly staff members and high-end appearance. The hotel's 67 rooms reflect the city's colonial heritage and come outfitted with wood-beamed ceilings, handcrafted furnishings and local artwork. You'll also have your own terrace or balcony, soaking tub and fireplace (depending on which room you book). Previous visitors highly recommend an evening drink at the Luna Rooftop Tapas Bar, where you can enjoy fantastic city views. The Mexican cuisine at 1826 Restaurant also earns high praise; however, some caution that meals here can be pricey. Sense, A Rosewood Spa receives the same critique, though serenity-seeking guests found the massages and skin treatments to be worth the extra coin. The hotel also features a variety of activities (for an extra fee), including art workshops, wine tastings and half-day horseback riding tours. If you prefer to relax without worrying about putting a dent in your wallet, spend an afternoon lounging by one of the three hotel pools.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosMexico City5.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (727)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThis well-appointed, centrally located boutique hotel wins favor from guests for its friendly and attentive staff and cool, inviting atmosphere. Situated in the fashionable Polanco neighborhood (referred to by some as the Beverly Hills of Mexico City), Las Alcobas boasts luxurious rooms with rain showers, whirlpool bathtubs, Bose sound systems, custom-made furniture, 42-inch flat-screen TVs and complimentary internet access. Along with the stylish digs, recent guests rave about the innovative cuisine at the on-site Dulce Patria restaurant, which prides itself on using locally sourced ingredients to deliver imaginative, Italian entrees. And when you're ready to relax, make an appointment at the spa for soothing therapies like a Lemon and Rosemary Jet Lag Massage or an Obsidian Hot Stone Massage. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosCabo San Lucas, BCNTripAdvisor (1640)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreRecent visitors warn newcomers they won't want to leave this hotel once they've arrived. With its beachfront location on the shores of Cabo San Lucas, the hotel overlooks the famous El Arco. Everywhere you go in this hotel you'll run into spectacular scenery, literally – each guest room features ocean views. This, grouped with balconies, rain showers, kimono bathrobes, binoculars for whale watching and a welcome tequila amenity, not only make for a great getaway, but an unbeatable paradise. If guests do decide to leave their digs, they'll find even more luxury within the hotel's spa, nestled upon one of The Cape's natural rock formations. Lodgers can indulge in four bars, including the Pool Bar and the Rooftop Lounge, as well as two on-site restaurants, both serving up a blend of seafood, Mexican cuisine and American comfort dishes. Previous guests applauded the chefs for creating such flavorful food, no matter how simple the dish. But aesthetics and gastronomy aside, The Cape's most admirable quality is its impeccable service, according to travelers. From the moment guests arrived until the time they were bid a friendly adios, they felt they were truly taken care of.Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSan Miguel De Allende0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (689)Free WiFiRead MoreSitting in central San Miguel de Allende, a sizeable city in central Mexico, Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada blends into its historic surroundings. The hotel occupies several colonial mansions within walking distance of popular cultural sites like the San Miguel de Allende Historical Museum and the stunning Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel cathedral. Yet despite its central location, guests describe Belmond Casa de Sierra Nevada as quiet and peaceful. Guest rooms ooze Old World charm with antique furnishings and bright decorative accents (some rooms also boast stone fireplaces). Although they look like they belong in an 18th-century villa, the accommodations are equipped with modern-day conveniences like upscale bath products, TVs and wireless internet access. However, recent guests mentioned that you could hear outside noise from within the accommodations. Meanwhile, the property's outdoor swimming pool provides respite from the Mexican heat, while a massage at the Laja Spa will leave you feeling replenished. Although Casa de Sierra Nevada's location is ideal for sampling the city's culinary offerings, consider dining in at least once: The on-site restaurant, Andanza, earns rave reviews from previous guests for its contemporary Mexican fare and charming colonial-inspired setting. And for a quiet nightcap, make your way to The Blue Bar.Free WiFi
- Read MoreRising above the Pacific Ocean on a verdant bluff in Punta Diamante, Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués certainly impresses visitors with its picturesque surroundings. Its villas are built into the cliff, offering panoramic ocean views. Each comes appointed with a heated pool, sun deck and terrace, all of which are made from locally sourced materials. With a fusion of Asian and Latin American design elements, the resort offers what it calls a "holistic Asian ambiance," signature to the Banyan Tree brand. Though this New Age aura permeates the entire five-star property, it's perhaps most noticeable at the spa, where therapists pamper visitors with East-meets-West massage techniques. Seeking more relaxation? Take a dip in the hotel's infinity pool, a favorite feature among past guests. Afterward, cap off your day with gourmet Thai dishes served at Saffron, a preferred dining spot, or sample the Latin- and Asian-inspired plates at La Nao or the flavorful seafood entrees at Las Rocas Grill & Bar.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreAdjacent to the Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport, Casa Velas, Puerto Vallarta's main structure resembles a Spanish hacienda estate. Guests are consistently wowed by the grounds – the landscaping and infinity pool of the Ocean Club evoke a sense of calm that visitors adore. That serene feeling extends to the SPA Casa Velas, where you can indulge in a revitalizing holistic massage or an anti-aging facial. Meanwhile, Casa Velas' restaurants, Ocean Club and Emiliano's, serve up Asian-inspired fare and traditional Mexican dishes. Once you're well-fed, bed down in one of the resort's suites; each room comes appointed with a snack-filled minibar, down comforter, cable TV and L'Occitane bath products. If you're looking for a little extra luxury, you may want to spring for a Grand Class Suite, which offers a private plunge pool and terrace. Beyond the resort's relaxing atmosphere, past visitors are also quick to compliment the warm and welcoming staff.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreFormer guests frequently used words like "peaceful," "heaven" and "beautiful" to describe Jashita Hotel, a boutique property in Soliman Bay. Situated about 9 miles north of Tulum, the hotel earned kudos from past lodgers for its manicured grounds, beachfront seat and tranquil atmosphere. Make the most of the hotel's location by kayaking, snorkeling, stand-up paddleboarding or simply lounging by the pool, of which the resort boats two. When you're not taking in the bay views from the infinity pool, admire them from your digs, which feature wireless internet access, a welcome bottle of wine and chocolates, Italian bed linens and an iPod docking station, among other amenities. Or, if you really want to up the relaxation, indulge in a treatment at the spa. Aside from the location and the views, the restaurant was another highlight for past lodgers thanks to its delicious seafood dishes (specifically the lobster).Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreA modern architectural stand-out in Acapulco's Las Brisas neighborhood (across the bay from Pie de la Cuesta), Hotel Encanto is a stylish, adults-only addition to the hotel landscape. The minimalist architecture and bold, neon lighting continually win over design-conscious guests. Rooms are simple but trendy, outfitted with Wi-Fi, blackout curtains, L'Occitane toiletries and balconies with ocean views. Often described by guests as "futuristic," Hotel Encanto plays up its impossibly cool vibe with ambient LCD lighting and a black bottom infinity edge pool. Aside from the tranquil and secluded surroundings, previous guests praise the hotel's restaurant, Origen, which offers imaginative takes on traditional Mexican specialties created by Mexican celebrity chef Mónica Patiño. Other on-site facilites include a fitness center and spa.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MorePerched along the scenic Los Cabos corridor (within 4 miles of downtown San José del Cabo), the luxurious Hotel El Ganzo offers prime access to the beach and San Jose del Cabo's dining venues. But with three dining establishments serving everything from traditional ceviche and chilaquiles (tortillas layered with eggs, onion and cheese) to Japanese and Peruvian-inspired cuisine, there's hardly a reason to leave the property. When you're not indulging in a relaxing massage or body treatment at the spa or catching up on some light reading with your feet dipped in the rooftop infinity pool, you can lounge at the hotel's private beach club. Afterward, kick back in your well-appointed accommodations, which come with organic bath products, Wi-Fi access, Frette robes and stocked minibars. Apart from the modern rooms, past visitors especially praise the hotel's courteous, friendly staff members who they say go above and beyond to take care of guests.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosPuerto VallartaTripAdvisor (2882)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThe Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway has it all: quiet luxury less than a mile north of downtown Puerto Vallarta. The luxuriousness of this boutique hotel may come from its adults-only status – but it might also be the butler services or daily beachfront yoga classes. Visitors also revel in Villa Premiere's tastefully decorated guest rooms, which were renovated in 2015 and come equipped with 42-inch flat-screen televisions, L'Occitane toiletries, private balconies facing the ocean and pillow menus. Many guests opt for the all-inclusive package, just to savor Villa Premiere's three decadent restaurants. The property also offers a variety of on-site activities and amenities like cooking workshops, complimentary access to the the Mind & Soul Spa's sauna and steam room facilities, and Balinese beds that guests say make Villa Premiere extra special. If you'd rather just kick back and relax, you'll find plenty of lounge chairs surrounding the two swimming pools.Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreUpon entering this hacienda-style retreat (situated 13 miles northeast of downtown Cabo San Lucas), guests are greeted with breathtaking vantage points of the surrounding Sea of Cortez. Though previous guests said Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa's Zen-like atmosphere induces repose upon arrival, R&R-seekers looking for an extra dose of luxury should head straight to the Sueños del Mar Spa to take advantage of a relaxing massage. You'll also have access to stimulating enrichment programs and facilities, such as cooking lessons and wine tastings, as well as two swimming pools, two tennis courts and fitness classes. And as far as dining is concerned, you can recharge at one of three on-site venues before kicking back in your digs. Accommodations feature 42-inch flat-screen TVs, Jacuzzis, BVLGARI bath products, daily replenished minibars and expansive outdoor terraces. What's more, members of the I Prefer program can earn or redeem points for bedding down here thanks to the hotel's Preferred ties.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSan Miguel de Allende0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (385)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreHotel Matilda breaks the mold of San Miguel de Allende hotels: While other luxury mainstays highlight the city's history by preserving antique architecture and dressing their rooms in colonial-style decor, Matilda showcases contemporary art and chic interior design. Guest rooms feature white, gray and brown hues (with a few turquoise accents), as well as top-notch amenities like 40-inch LCD TVs, iPod docking stations, MALIN+GOETZ bath products and complimentary Wi-Fi access. The hotel also boasts an infinity pool with a sundeck, as well as the Spa Matilda, where you can enjoy a soothing massage or body treatment. When you're ready for a bite to eat, Moxi Restaurant offers a menu filled with traditional Mexican eats along with inventive dishes. What's more, Hotel Matilda earns high praise from past visitors for its location in the heart of San Miguel de Allende – less than a block north of Juarez Park – and many guests feel the property delivers first-rate customer service.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreWith an air of tropical romance and intimate surroundings, this couples-only resort on the southwestern coast of Isla Mujeres especially appeals to those in pursuit of a honeymoon or destination wedding retreat. What Isla Mujeres Palace lacks in size guests say it makes up for in personalized service. And while there are only 62 of them, each guest room comes with a private balcony, double Jacuzzi, minibar and flat-screen LCD TV. Your meals are covered by the all-inclusive cost, but there is only one restaurant, Azul. (Recent visitors, though, say the food is varied and delicious, so you probably won't get bored). But while the beach and pool are lovely, some guests can start to go a little stir-crazy without the constant excitement that Cancun's mainland hotels bring. However, if it's quiet seclusion you want, then Isla Mujeres Palace can deliver.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- View all PhotosPlaya del CarmenTripAdvisor (2043)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreIf you're looking to relax and unwind while on vacation, consider a stay at Playa del Carmen's The Palm at Playa. This downtown boutique hotel – located just a block from the beach – features a spa, complimentary yoga classes, a Jacuzzi and a pool, all of which are sure to help you de-stress. And should you require a bit more activity, you can break a sweat in the property's gym or arrange a dive through Reef Quest Divers (situated just four blocks away). After working up an appetite, grab a bite at one of Playa del Carmen's restaurants and bars, many of which are located within walking distance of the hotel. According to recent guests, the property's excellent location more than makes up for the lack of on-site dining options. However, The Palm at Playa does offer complimentary breakfast (although it receives mixed reviews). And once you're ready to bed down, retreat to one of 69 lofts and suites, which include free Wi-Fi access, coffee makers, plasma TVs and glass-enclosed showers. For the ultimate peace and quiet, travelers recommend requesting a room toward the back of the hotel. Just keep in mind, though, that you'll be paying a $5 daily resort fee when staying here.Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreStanding above Playa Acapulquito's aquamarine waters in Los Cabos (roughly 5 miles south of San José del Cabo), this boutique retreat boasts prime access to one of the area's best surfing beaches. All 36 accommodations are stocked with L'Occitane bath products, flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi access and private terraces with unobstructed ocean views. After you've had a good night's sleep, suit up for some surfing. If you're a novice, never fear: At Cabo Surf Hotel & Spa, you can rent equipment and sign up for private lessons. Once you've caught some gnarly waves, refuel at 7 Seas Seafood Grille, which boasts delectable seafood fare crafted by executive chef Alejandro Rodriguez. Recent patrons report a pleasant dining experience thanks to tasty seafood entrees and top-notch service. Visitors also recommend booking a service at the small Sea Spa Cabo, which offers an eclectic selection of replenishing body treatments, including Thai massages, warm stone therapies and mineral-rich facials.
- View all PhotosMexico City1.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (4211)Free WiFiRead More
With its stained-glass ceilings, art nouveau decor and a Louis XV-style chandelier in the foyer, the Gran Hotel Ciudad de México possesses one of Mexico City's most impressive interiors. The Gran Hotel is a favorite among guests for both its central location and gilded design. And though its original structure has towered over the Zocalo since 1899, the hotel's $25 million renovation completed in 2005 brought all the rooms into the 21st-century while maintaining the property's Old World charm. Rooms boast flat-screen LCD TVs, comfortable beds, air conditioning and Wi-Fi access. If your digs lack arresting views overlooking Zocalo square, head to the fifth floor Terraza Restaurant & Bar to enjoy wide-sweeping vistas of the National Palace and Metropolitan Cathedral. And if you're yearning to take in Mexico City's vibrant culture and world-class museums, you're in luck: The Palacio de Bellas Artes and the Museo Nacional de Arte, among other top sites, are within walking distance of the hotel.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosIsla MujeresTripAdvisor (1724)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreWith only 35 suites on this Isla Mujeres property, Zoëtry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun takes seclusion to a new level. You'll arrive on the island via the hotel's own private catamaran yacht. During your stay, you can have a complimentary in-suite continental breakfast every morning and enjoy a sunset dip in the Jacuzzi on your own terrace each evening. Other in-suite amenities include minibars, satellite TVs and pillow menus. The unique Swiss-Northern Italian cuisine at Casa Rolandi earns high praise from recent patrons; guests love the dishes' avant-garde presentations, not to mention the outstanding service. Menu items include everything from tuna carpaccio to gourmet pizza with tomato, prosciutto, arugula and mascarpone cheese. Once you've satiated your appetite, stake out a chair by one of the hotel's pools, or for a little extra pampering, spring for a massage at the spa.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreBe Tulum hotel has been described by recent travelers as everything from a "bohemian jungle paradise" to a "simplistically beautiful" property. The hotel's suites are decorated with natural materials and wood finishes, though a few guests noted the rooms were a bit dark. Each suite includes its own private plunge pool or Jacuzzi, complimentary Wi-Fi access and a sitting area. The property sits alongside a beach in Tulum, Mexico, so guests have direct access to the ocean, as well as lounge chairs, daybeds and thatched palapa coverings. Be Tulum also houses a spa and offers fee-based yoga and meditation classes. When it's time for a meal, guests can enjoy ceviche and fresh seafood at Maresias; sample tacos or freshly grilled lobster at 4 Fuegos; sit down for a dinner of small plates at Ocumare; or grab some casual drinks at the Beach Bar. As far as service goes, past visitors offered mixed reviews. Some described the hotel's employees as "friendly" and "helpful," while others said they would have appreciated more smiles from some staff members. You'll find the hotel about 6 miles south of Tulum's Mayan ruins by Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve's northern border.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreAccording to recent travelers, the Hotel La Casona offers a boutique atmosphere in the heart of Mexico City. Originally opened by two Swiss brothers and their father in 1994, the 29-room property sits within walking distance of top sights like El Angel de la Independencia and Bosque de Chapultepec, plus a variety of shops, restaurants and theaters. To get around the immediate area, the hotel offers complimentary loaner bicycles. But if you'd rather linger on-site, don't fret: This boutique boasts all sorts of amenities. For business travelers, there's a business center and a meeting room, while lodgers in search of relaxation will enjoy the outdoor terrace, the reading room and the fitness center's steam bath. A restaurant with an eclectic menu of international and Swiss-inspired dishes, a wine cellar and a bar is also available. And as far as accommodations go, this boutique property's rooms feature traditional decor with art- or music-inspired accents and modern amenities like flat-screen TVs, work desks and internet access. Though some past guests said rooms here are outdated and can get noisy if facing the street, many appreciated the comfortable beds and spacious bathrooms.Free WiFi
- View all PhotosMexico City10.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (146)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreA retro-chic boutique hotel in Mexico City's hip Santa Fe district, Distrito Capital appeals to visitors seeking a trendy atmosphere. Guests consistently praise the panoramic views (especially those seen from corner rooms), but are also quick to compliment the hotel's intimate setting. Along with a contemporary lobby on the fifth floor, Distrito Capital showcases 1960s-inspired furniture and a minimalist design. Throughout the hotel, you'll find black walls, stark white linens and studio windows meant to flaunt the hotel's greatest asset – its vistas. Guest rooms are also appointed with high-end amenities like Acqua de Parma bath products, iPod docking stations and rain showers. You'll also find an outdoor 52-foot infinity-edge pool on the fifth floor, along with the property's Mexican restaurant. And according to previous patrons, with eclectic menu itiems like shrimp tacos, chicken blackberry mole and veal schnitzel, the on-site eats are equally as delicious as they are innovative.
- View all PhotosMexico City4.8 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (281)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreIdeal for younger travelers who value design and ambiance above peace and quiet, Hotel Habita is a hip retreat tucked within the city's diverse Polanco district. Reflective of its stylish neighborhood, Hotel Habita offers chic indulgences aplenty. Though it can get crowded, the trendy fifth-floor pool is consistently lauded by guests for its cool architecture, open-air Jacuzzi and swanky atmosphere. Meanwhile the sixth-floor terrace, relaxing treatments and massage therapies at the spa, and uncluttered accommodations also receive high praise from visitors. All rooms are appointed with MALIN+GOETZ toiletries and minibars, among other high-end amenities. Some also come equipped with private terraces. To minimize traffic noise, past guests suggest booking a room on one of the upper floors, facing away from the street and not directly under the pool. And though there are a variety of Polanco restaurants to choose from right outside the hotel (a point of praise for past guests), the hotel also offers its own restaurant in the lobby serving a menu of international contemporary cuisine.
- Read MoreRight in step with the neighborhood for which it's named, CONDESA df offers fashionable digs and a lively night scene that caters to trendy travelers. While it may have a French Neoclassical structure that dates back to the late 1920s, CONDESA's interiors are anything but antiquated. Contemporary touches, like walnut paneling and stylish furnishings, are courtesy of this Mexico City hotel's renowned interior designer India Mahdavi. And while the real star of CONDESA df is its fourth-floor sushi bar (one of the neighborhood's most popular late-night destinations, according to previous guests) and El Patio, a sophisticated restaurant that melds Mexican- and French-influenced dishes, the lodgings offer a few "wow" factors, too. Each room comes appointed with a rainfall shower, minibar, LCD TV and MALIN + GOETZ toiletries. If you're a light sleeper, travelers suggest booking a room on one of the lower floors; though you'll sacrifice the views, you won't have to suffer the late-night noise of rooftop revelers.
- View all PhotosPlaya del CarmenTripAdvisor (984)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAcanto Boutique Hotel & Condominiums caters to larger groups and families with its collection of one-, two- and three-bedroom villas that are equipped with full kitchens and dining rooms. But that's not to say that solo travelers and couples won't enjoy their stay here; Acanto also features standard guest rooms that, like the villas, come equipped with plasma TVs, terraces or balconies, marble bathrooms and complimentary Wi-Fi. For most travelers, the Acanto's main draw is its location in central Playa del Carmen. The hotel sits within a few steps of the coastal town's vibrant shopping and dining areas, as well as the area's pristine beaches. Although this small property doesn't offer all the amenities of the area's larger resorts – for example, eateries nearby replace an on-site restaurant and fitness facilities are located off-site – Acanto does feature a pool and the on-site Maria Bonita SPA & Beauty Salon, and visitors can arrange diving and snorkeling excursions and expeditions to nearby archaeological sites through the concierge. Acanto also earns praise for its bright decor and gracious staff.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreSituated roughly 5 miles north of central Playa del Carmen above powdery, white sands, Le Rêve's 28 suites attract travelers craving a quiet, intimate Riviera Maya escape. Recent guests caution that rooms come attached to high rates, but many agree that a stay here is well worth the price. Each suite comes appointed with rich wood furnishings, handmade Mexican tiles, oversized bathrooms with rainfall showers and balconies that overlook private gardens or the Caribbean Sea. The public areas are just as inviting: Le Rêve boasts an expansive infinity pool that flanks the Caribbean Sea. Guests can also appreciate the view while enjoying a yoga lesson or rejuvenating treatment at the spa. But many recent visitors say that the gourmet Mexican cuisine served at Merlot Restaurant & Bar was the main highlight of their visit.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- Read MoreTravelers who prefer their accommodations infused with a little bit of pizzazz should consider bedding down at Be Playa. This boutique hotel – located in central Playa del Carmen, just a few blocks from the beach – earns praise for its bright colors, unique architecture and signature decorative accents. Suites feature crisp, white linens offset by hardwood floors, contemporary furnishings and, in some suites, stand-alone soaking tubs. Though the look and feel of Be Playa is its overall draw, it doesn't suit every vacationer; some gripe that the rooms here lack separation between the bedrooms and bathrooms, while others describe the beds as exceedingly comfortable and the layout as well-designed. But design preferences aside, travelers compliment Be Playa's ultra-cool pool lounge and the fresh sushi served at the in-house restaurant, Sushi Club. Be Playa's enviable address is hard to beat, too, offering guests easy access to the Riviera Maya's soft sands and Playa del Carmen's abundance of shops, eateries and nightlife venues.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.