- View all PhotosNew York, NY1.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (382)Free WiFiRead MorePerched on the Upper East Side just a couple of blocks from Fifth Avenue's sleek storefronts, The Lowell Hotel New York provides travelers with easy access to iconic city attractions and venerable department stores. But that's not the only reason recent guests adore this stylish boutique. The Lowell exudes a serene, elegant ambiance, further enhanced by its calming gold, cream and white color scheme. By New York standards, The Lowell is small (74 rooms and suites); however, many previous travelers call the hotel's quiet, cozy atmosphere the perfect retreat from the buzzing city blocks. Accommodations come appointed with luxurious extras, such as down comforters, flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi access – all major perks, according to previous visitors. The refreshing afternoon teatime, complete with Devonshire cream-topped scones and finger sandwiches, takes place in the second-floor Pembroke Room and also earns a nod of approval from recent guests. Keep in mind, Leaders Club members can earn or redeem perks here.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNew York, NY0.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1318)Free WiFiRead MoreThis historical Luxury Collection hotel prides itself on blending art deco accents with modern-day accouterments like an on-site Red Door Spa and fitness lounge. Originally built in 1905, the 76-room hotel was renovated in 2010 by architect Thierry Despont. Inside the guest rooms and suites, visitors will find 400-thread-count linens, 42-inch flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi access and rainfall showerheads – all excellent perks, according to recent visitors. Some suites even boast private terraces with New York City views. Plus this five-star hotel earns high marks from travelers for its prime midtown Manhattan location, just steps away from Rockefeller Center, Bryant Park, Broadway and Fifth Avenue. Recent patrons also praised the lively Lambs Club Restaurant & Bar; the hotel's intimate dining establishment has played host to a long list of celebrities and bigwigs, including Fred Astaire and Charlie Chaplin. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNew York, NY1.1 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (3386)Free WiFiRead MoreOne of the newer luxury hotels in the Big Apple, the Quin may be on its way to becoming one of the best, according to feedback from guests. Steps from Central Park and Carnegie Hall in midtown Manhattan, the Quin Central Park by Hilton Club boasts brightly colored artwork (inspired by the works of Georgia O'Keeffe and Marc Chagall), contemporary architecture and 208 well-appointed guest rooms and suites. Sferra bedding, Fresh bath products and Nespresso coffee makers are just some of the brand-name amenities you can enjoy while you relax in your digs. The coolest part? You can manage your comfort from your nightstand, where you'll spot the Evolve Guest Controls system – a flat-screen console that powers everything from lighting and room temperature to your preferred music choice. Your comfortable stay extends to The Wayfarer restaurant, where decadence comes in the form of seafood and other tasty, innovative morsels. Artists and theatergoers alike will find an extra perk in the Quin: Once a respite for dancers, opera singers and painters, this hotel stirs a sense of creativity. It continues to foster that creativity through its art program, where it features a rotating collection of artwork from different artists throughout the year. Hilton Honors members can also enjoy perks at this brand outpost.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreSituated in New York's trendy SoHo neighborhood, the Crosby Street Hotel is an import from Great Britain (both the brand and the designer are British). All 86 accommodations feature a whimsical yet refined appearance, complete with airy warehouse-style windows, flat-screen TVs and spacious bathrooms trimmed with granite, oak and glass. In addition to the mod decor, recent guests praise the elegant furnishings and stunning city views, not to mention amenities like iPod docking stations, flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi. As far as dining is concerned, previous visitors love the convivial Crosby Bar, which serves up American and British fare. Above all, travelers cite the impeccable customer service and colorful SoHo locale as primary reasons to stay, though caution that it is pricey to stay here.
- Read MoreThis ultra-trendy Tribeca hotel is often exalted by guests as "outstanding," "stylish" and "bohemian." Each of The Greenwich's 88 rooms and suites features eclectic accents that vary from Moroccan-tiled bathrooms to fine Tibetan silk rugs. And though no two accommodations are the same, travelers rave about the luxurious room amenities, which include flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and stocked minibars. But that's not all this chic hotel has going for it. The pool and Shibui spa earn high marks from previous visitors, as does the hip Locanda Verde restaurant – a casual Italian spot known for its zesty fare. While staying here, be sure to keep an eye out for celebrities; this discreet hotel serves as a stomping ground for A-listers (after all, the hotel is owned by actor Robert De Niro). And Leaders Club members you're in luck – as part of The Leading Hotels of the World, this property grants perks like welcome gifts and upgrades.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreThose looking to embrace New York City's lavish lifestyle but with a sustainable, eco-friendly mindset should consider a stay at the 1 Hotel Central Park. Opened in August 2015, this 229-room property is LEED certified and features reclaimed barn wood ceiling beams, live-edge wood block desks, hemp-blend Keetsa bedding and views of Central Park. But that doesn't mean you'll miss out on modern luxuries when you bed down here. Each room comes equipped with a Nespresso coffee maker, a glass-enclosed walk-in shower, free Wi-Fi access and a 55-inch LCD TV. This modern-meets-green concept extends into the building amenities as well. In addition to the locally sourced California cuisine offered at Jams restaurant (which guests recommend even though menu items are on the pricier side), visitors also have access to a gym and a business area with iPads. And if you're looking for a bit more action, don't fret. As a guest of the 1 Hotel Central Park, you'll have access to the property's complimentary Tesla car service, which will drop you anywhere within a 15-block radius, including some of NYC's popular attractions like Times Square, Radio City Music Hall and the Museum of Modern Art. [Read: A Q&A with 1 Hotel Central Park's CEO.]
- Read MoreArcher Hotel New York is situated right off the Avenue of Americas in the Garment District, just two blocks south of Bryant Park and the New York Public Library. The hotel's midtown location makes it convenient to most attractions in Manhattan and guests can easily access multiple public transportation lines. Recent guests note that while rooms are on the smaller side, the accommodating customer service makes up for the lack of space. Staff members remember patrons by name and many guests credit the friendly and courteous employees as the reason for a return visit. Guests also praise the comfortable beds that make for a good night's sleep. Other room amenities include floor-to-ceiling windows (some with views of the Empire State Building), minifridges stocked with refreshments, 42-inch flat-screen TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi. When it's time to eat, the Archer is home to two dining options: Check out the Spyglass rooftop bar for small bites and cocktails, or if you're in the mood for something more substantial, Charlie Palmer Steak offers seasonal menus, prime cuts of beef and a world-class wine list. Plus, taking a cue from its Garment District home, the Archer Hotel is decorated with curated souvenirs from local artisans.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNew York, NY2.1 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1634)Free WiFiRead MoreSitting in the trendy SoHo neighborhood, The James specializes in providing guests with sophisticated and modern suites alongside excellent service. Each of The James' rooms features a flat-screen TV, complimentary Wi-Fi access, wood flooring and a natural color palette to create a warm and inviting place to bed down. Recent guests also give kudos to The James' luxurious (and eco-friendly) bath products, but note the rooms are small, even by New York standards. The rooftop bar, JIMMY, is equally alluring with its cozy fireplaces, zesty cocktails and 360-degree views of the Manhattan skyline. The Gitano Jungle Room NYC receives high praise from guests for its inventive fare inspired by the Yucutan Peninsula.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNew York, NY0.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (4907)Free WiFiRead MoreManhattan's Fashion District is the perfect home for this stylish boutique hotel, where vintage furniture sits alongside original artwork that nods to the hotel's millinery factory past. Guest rooms complete the industrial aesthetic with hardwood floors, marble bathrooms, antique bronze hinges and door handles and desks that resemble sewing machines from the earliest years of the 20th century. Recent visitors rave about the property's hip, spacious digs, highly accommodating staff and accessible midtown Manhattan location. Another popular draw is the Refinery Rooftop Bar and Lounge, which offers tasty cocktails and sweeping views of downtown Manhattan and the Empire State Building. Inside, the hotel's drinking and dining options include nostalgia-inspired seasonal cuisine at the Parker & Quinn Restaurant and prohibition era drinks at Winnie's Jazz Lounge.
- Read MoreThis charming boutique midtown Manhattan hotel receives high praise from recent guests for its accommodating staff, fanciful decor and unique theme: the 10 major classifications of the Dewey Decimal System. Each of the hotel's 10 floors tastefully exhibits one of these categories from literature to technology to philosophy. The accommodations also come with iHome radios, Gilchrist & Soames toiletries and minifridges, not to mention iconic Manhattan skyline views, in some suites. Additional amenities include complimentary breakfast, free bottled water, cheese and wine each evening and free wireless internet access – all of which are included in the $25 daily resort fee. Although some travelers describe the accommodations as slightly compact, even by New York standards, most cite a very pleasant stay overall thanks to the hotel's inviting atmosphere and prime location.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Breakfast
- View all PhotosNew York, NY1.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (830)Free WiFiRead MoreThe Hôtel Plaza Athénée, located on the Upper East Side, exudes an air of grandeur. Recent guests loved the hotel's elegant atmosphere and tasteful decor, found everywhere from the lobby decked with Italian marble to the refined accommodations, appointed with crisp Italian linens, French accents, rich silks and modern amenities like iPod docking stations and flat-screen TVs. Most guests describe the hotel service as "outstanding," and though the high prices were a deterrent for some, visitors agree that the cuisine served at the award-winning Arabelle restaurant is worth tasting, even if the prices are high. Without making an extra dent in your wallet, you can enjoy access to the renovated fitness center and fully equipped business center.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreRecent guests raved about The Michelangelo's prime location, set within walking distance of major attractions like Times Square and Fifth Avenue. And although most of the hotel's rooms and suites are pretty spacious (for New York City, anyway), many previous visitors agreed that you should book a room with a view since those without one can feel a little drab. Still, travelers praise the accommodations for their extra touches like marble bathrooms, Bose Wave sound systems and stocked minibars. Another perk: The Michelangelo offers complimentary shuttle service between the hotel and Wall Street from 7 to 9 a.m. Monday through Friday. After a long day, you can unwind at the casual hotel lounge, which earns props from previous patrons for its tasty Italian fare.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree Breakfast
- Read MoreWhere 1920s glamour meets modern art deco design, the WestHouse New York is adorned with crystal chandeliers, eucalyptus wood accents and detailed handrails. This midtown Manhattan hotel is located at the corner of West 55th Street and Seventh Avenue. And the hotel offers guests a major perk for navigating the high-action neighborhood: Luxury concierge service WestHouse Attaché will design your New York itinerary, taking day-to-day activity planning off your hands. All that extra time should give you a chance to focus on enjoying the personal trainers, butlers, in-room spa treatments and overnight shoe shines all available upon request (and for a fee). Or simply fall into the Sferra luxury linens inside each of the 172 guest rooms and suites, where you can customize the temperature and music in your room with your Intelity Bedside Touchscreen Controls, or peruse the internet. Though keep in mind, there's a $45 per adult per night "residents fee;" this includes breakfast, afternoon treats and hors d'oeuvres, drinks on the terrace and the high-speed Wi-Fi. While some guests appreciated those extra offerings, guests who couldn't take advantage were not pleased they still had to pay the fee. Another point of contention among recent travelers was inconsistencies with the staff.Free WiFi
- Read MoreThis chic hotel set in the heart of Manhattan, right across the street from the New York Public Library, earns major props for its exceptional space. Inside, guests are greeted with a 14-foot mural, massive windows and unique loft-style guest rooms. And the elegance extends to the airy and spacious accommodations, which feature deluxe amenities like travertine marble bathrooms, thick robes, large work desks, flat-screen TVs and stocked minibars filled with complimentary snacks (a bonus recent visitors highlight as a much-appreciated perk). Another major plus about staying at Andaz: Thanks to its Hyatt connection, World of Hyatt members may redeem privileges, such as free night stays, by choosing to stay here. And though some previous visitors were disappointed with the service, most report a pleasant stay overall thanks to great location and comfortable rooms. When your stomach starts to rumble, head to The Bar Downstairs for some food and drinks.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- Read MoreMany describe the Casablanca Hotel as a refuge from the City that Never Sleeps – even though it's located in the craziest part of it, Times Square. Although you might have to combat crowds to reach the front door, once inside, you can sip wine by the common area's fireplace in the winter or ascend to the rooftop for cocktails in the summer. And when your stomach starts to rumble, you'll have your pick of Italian fare served at Tony's di Napoli or lighter fare available at Rick's Café. Recent visitors also raved about the complimentary continental breakfast and nightly wine and cheese receptions. Though they do caution that the guest rooms lean toward the smaller side, they appreciated the en-suite amenities, which include complimentary Wi-Fi, bathrobes and flat-screen TVs with DVD players.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Breakfast
- Read MoreAt first glance, you might miss the Hotel Elysée amid the graceful, towering buildings that surround it. But this 1920s-era boutique hotel done up in French-country design is not to be missed. For decades, this fashionable boutique has served as the place to see-and-be-seen, playing host to legendary artists, such as playwright Tennessee Williams and soprano Maria Callas. Many modern-day guests have positive things to say, too, highlighting the Elysée's convenient midtown location and its quaint atmosphere – from complimentary continental breakfast in the mornings to free wine and cheese in the afternoons. While there is no on-site fitness center, the hotel does provide complimentary passes to a nearby gym. Previous visitors also praise the elegant accommodations, which feature extra touches like Gilchrist & Soames bath products, flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi. Some recent visitors go as far as to say the hotel feels like a slice of Paris – without the jetlag. Another crowd-pleaser: the hotel's trendy Monkey Bar, as well as the sophisticated Club Room.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Breakfast
- Read MorePerched at the intersection of Sixth Avenue and West 29th Street on the Avenues of the Americas, this boutique hotel places travelers in an enviable location. Offering respite from New York's buzzing city streets, this Kimpton property beckons to urbanites looking to live it up in the city that never sleeps with amenities like complimentary evening wine hours, fully stocked minibars and free morning coffee and tea. After hitting the town, you can cozy up in one of two distinct on-site restaurants – the family-style L'Amico or the creative cocktail spot, The Vine – before retreating to your lavish digs. And recent guests didn't just praise the plush bedding, but also raved about the welcoming staff. If you're craving a little more luxury, book a treatment at the on-site spa, which offers specialty treatments like the "Man About Town Facial" and "Aroma Journey Massage." Another bonus: Thanks to the IHG Rewards Club loyalty program, frequent guests receive privileges, such as complimentary Wi-Fi, by choosing to stay here.
- Read MoreOne step into the Bowery Hotel and you may already forget that you're in New York, or even in this century. The hotel's old-world decor struck a chord with guests, making many of them feel as if they were transported back in time with its threadbare rugs, roaring fireplaces, iron chandeliers and carved wooden furnishings. Accommodations are more subdued, offering 400-thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, flat-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi access and floor-to-ceiling windows, which guest say help to open up the small rooms. Unlike similar boutique hotels in the area, the Bowery Hotel offers extra amenities that go beyond its on-site restaurant, Gemma. Guests can squeeze in a workout at the fitness room with a personal trainer, secure a babysitter for a night out on the town, request a private massage therapist, or rent a complimentary laptop or iPad for an evening in. Keep in mind though, this hotel is situated in the East Village, slightly removed from the city's major attractions.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNew York, NY1 mile to city centerTripAdvisor (1586)Free BreakfastRead MoreLooking for an intimate stay nestled inside midtown Manhattan's bustling city blocks? Then The Blakely is a good bet. Located on 55th Street, just steps away from high-fashion streets and iconic city landmarks like Rockefeller Center and the Museum of Modern Art, this swanky boutique makes an excellent home base for travelers planning to sightsee. Plus, each of the stylish accommodations comes appointed with oak baseboards, sumptuous down comforters, marble bathrooms, Frette bathrobes and complimentary Wi-Fi access – all much-appreciated amenities, according to recent guests. But previous visitors say that this hotel's best perk of all is its immaculate service, from the courteous hotel concierge to the attentive front desk staff. However, some wished the on-site fitness center was larger and offered more equipment.Free Breakfast
- View all PhotosNew York, NY2.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1101)Free WiFiRead MoreThis hotel sits in trendy downtown Tribeca, among art galleries and boutiques galore. Accommodations earn high praise from recent guests for their luxurious touches, including free internet access, C.O. Bigelow toiletries, flat-screen TVs and Frette bathrobes. The hotel underwent a name change and full renovation in 2015 and 2016, with new room furnishings, decor and dining venues. When hunger strikes, head to the ground-floor kitchen and bar, which doubles as a restaurant by day and a bumping club by night open until 2 a.m. The only complaint, among a few previous visitors, is the loud noise emanates from the hotel bar. (Visitors recommend booking a room on a higher floor if you're a light sleeper.) Or, if you'd prefer to relax and enjoy live music, make your way to The Django jazz club.Free WiFi
- Read MoreTucked between SoHo and the Hudson River in lower Manhattan, Hotel Hugo exudes cool with its sleek interiors and rooftop bars. The hotel's 122 guest rooms are designed to reflect the surrounding industrial architecture and artistic community. This inspiration results in loft-like accommodations outfitted with repurposed industrial light fixtures and splashes of colorful accent pieces spread across the room's custom wood furnishings. Keurig coffee makers, iPod docking stations, flat-screen TVs, bathrobes and a stocked minibar will keep guests relaxed and entertained. Even though travelers praised the hotel's impeccable taste, some guests lamented the small size of the rooms, inconsistent customer service and difficulty picking up a cab right outside of the hotel. However, many agree that the rooftop views from the two bars are unbeatable. And with a gym and a 24-hour business center, guests won't have to compromise their routines to keep up with the New York City grind.Free WiFi
- View all PhotosNew York, NY1.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (2034)Free WiFiRead MoreThis hip hotel stands as a fixture in New York's Meatpacking District, so much so that some even call it the anchor or heart of this trendy neighborhood. The hotel boasts 14 floors of airy accommodations that are equipped with flat-screen TVs, goose-down pillows, 400-thread-count Egyptian cotton linens and complimentary Wi-Fi access. The hotel serves as an urban hotspot ideal for night owls planning to soak up everything the buzzing Big Apple has to offer. By day, you can perfect your tan along the pristine rooftop pool and come nightfall, you can retreat to one of the hotel's verdant landscaped terraces and marvel at spectacular views overlooking the Hudson River and the city skyline. Plus, foodies looking for inventive cuisine can indulge their taste buds at The Chester, an American bistro. And those looking for an extra dose of luxury should head straight to Glam + Go for a blowout treatment. Although most recent guests report a pleasant stay overall, some do caution that the loud street noise below can prevent a restful night's sleep. Families looking for a quiet place to hang their hat may want to consider staying somewhere away from all the action.Free WiFi
- Read MoreAt The Kitano Hotel New York, a luxury boutique hotel, guests are greeted with a complimentary cup of green tea at check-in. You can also sip some tea in the Hakubai restaurant, but that's not all this stylish hotel has going for it. Some highlights, according to recent guests, are JAZZ at Kitano and the hotel's elegant, custom-made mahogany and cherry furnishings. The accommodations are appointed with extravagant touches like down comforters, pillow-top mattresses, deep soaking tubs and marble bathrooms. Recent guests liked that the rooms are slightly larger than the average New York City hotel room. And should you decide to stray from your digs, you'll have a handful of world-class restaurants and boutiques within walking distance, thanks to The Kitano's Murray Hill location.
- Read MoreLocated in the Financial District on Manhattan's Lower East Side, this Thompson Group hotel offers an eclectic atmosphere found in all of its cozy accommodations. Each room is furnished with 12-foot ceilings with antique brass chandeliers, 55-inch flat-screen TVs, an iPod docking station, designer toiletries and a minibar stocked with deluxe snacks (all amenities recent guests loved). Plus, the in-house Felice Ristorante receives high marks among recent patrons for its superb service and delectable Italian fare. Most previous visitors praised this swanky hotel, citing the impeccable customer service and excellent dining experience at Felice as primary reasons to return. Though a stay here is expensive (especially with the added resort and parking fees) this hotel's location near multiple subway lines makes it an excellent option for tourists new to the city. Not to mention, World of Hyatt members can earn and redeem points here.
- Read MoreLove the Roaring '20s? Then midtown East's The Benjamin is the perfect hotel for you. Upon walking through the elegant marble-decked lobby, you'll be transported to another era. But don't worry: Despite its retro decor, you'll find plenty of modern amenities here. For example, The Benjamin offers guests a pillow menu with 10 choices on it, a spa and a bistro restaurant named The National. Though some recent guests lamented that the accommodations lean toward the smaller side, most applaud the hotel's prime location, impeccable service and luxurious extras, including Egyptian cotton linens, minifridges and HD flat-screen TVs.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.