- View all PhotosHilton Head Island, SCTripAdvisor (659)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThe stunning Harbour Town area is a great place to station yourself during a Hilton Head trip. And its standout accommodations, The Inn & Club at Harbour Town (part of The Sea Pines Resort), is certainly one of the most popular resorts on the island. Guests who choose to make the (somewhat long) trek here delight in the lush scenery, the luxurious rooms and the professional, approachable and welcoming staff. Rooms come with large flat-screen TVs, blackout-lined window treatments and spacious bathrooms with soaking tubs and Molton Brown toiletries. Visitors like to venture out of the hotel to eat (particularly at The Quarterdeck, one of Hilton Head's favorites), but most insist that you stick close to home for Sunday brunch. Harbour Town rests in the bottom boot of Hilton Head Island.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosCharleston, SC0.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (973)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreGuests rave about Wentworth Mansion, applauding its long-standing commitment to the building's history and its ability to deliver on contemporary luxury. Constructed in the late 1800s, the Wentworth Mansion exudes old-world charm, meaning it's also the perfect Charleston home base for history buffs. Lodgers particularly praise the elegant decor, fantastic customer service, on-site spa, evening brandies and sherries, and complimentary hors d'oeuvres. Rooms include spacious bathrooms with whirlpool tubs, fireplaces or outside porches and, in some suites, sunrooms. Though guests say the rooms and overall atmosphere are relaxing, they note that the luxury doesn't come cheap. However, its location is another feather in its cap; The Battery is nearby, as is the South Carolina Aquarium. Also, keep in mind that this hotel is a part of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, which means that members of the INVITED rewards program can earn and redeem points here.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosCharleston, SC0.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (712)Free BreakfastRead MoreFor recent guests, The Spectator Hotel's distinct style and unbeatable customer service are what sets this Charleston, South Carolina, property apart from its peers. Situated just one block from the Charleston City Market and a short walk from the popular Waterfront Park, The Spectator Hotel offers a convenient home base for sightseers. Aside from the location, recent visitors raved about the rooms, particularly the comfy beds and spacious bathrooms. Accommodations also come equipped with minifridges, coffee makers, complimentary Wi-Fi access and personal butlers – perhaps the biggest delight among lodgers. While the property doesn't have its own on-site restaurant (though it does offer a free continental breakfast each morning), recent visitors didn't seem to mind; travelers said their butlers and the front desk staff were quick to offer suggestions and advice for guests. But after you've explored the Charleston dining scene, consider heading back to The Spectator to sample some of the handcrafted cocktails at its bar, which is designed to look like a 1920s-era speakeasy. The hotel lacks a fitness center, but you can get in your exercise with the hotel's complimentary bikes.
- View all PhotosCharleston, SC0.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (3317)Free BreakfastRead MoreSurrounded by some of Charleston's favorite attractions – including the Old City Market and the Nathaniel Russell House – this boutique hotel is a convenient and luxurious home base for leisure travelers. The lobby is lavish yet homey, complete with a fireplace and cozy furniture, and upon entering, guests are greeted with complimentary Champagne. The spacious guest rooms are equally as comfortable with features such as carved beds, 40-inch flat-screen TVs, Blu-ray DVD players, free wireless internet and a private veranda (in some rooms). Additionally, the French Quarter Inn offers complimentary breakfast and a variety of free snacks (like a bedtime plate of cookies and milk) throughout the day. Past guests have nothing but praise for this property for its prime location and the kind and welcoming hotel staff. While there is no fitness center, the hotel offers free bike rentals to guests who want to get some exercise while exploring the quaint Southern city.
- Read MoreSitting smack-dab in the heart of downtown, this beautiful hotel claims to be the "heart and soul of Historic Charleston." And guests agree, citing the homey atmosphere and Southern charm as major reasons to stay here. Decked out in beautifully carved furniture accented by rich neutrals and cozy curtains, Planters Inn exudes an Old World aura, but it also embraces modern standards of luxury. The hotel offers nightly turndown service (with macarons and a weather card to help plan your next-day activities) and spacious Italian marble baths. And you can enjoy some true low country cooking at the on-site Peninsula Grill. This Relais Chateaux property lacks some amenities, such as a fitness center, but what its missing in convenience it makes up for in elegant design and top-notch service.4.5-star Hotel Class
- View all PhotosCharleston, SC0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (2367)Free BreakfastRead MoreJust as its name suggests, this hotel sits right along the coast, boasting spectacular views of Charleston Harbor. And it's just a short walk from some of the city's best things to do, including the Old Slave Mart Museum and the City Market. However, according to recent guests, location isn't the only thing the HarbourView has to brag about: People rave about the hotel's handcrafted furnishings (the four-poster beds, complimentary wireless Internet and 42-inch flat-screen TVs are nice touches) and the inn's relaxed, homey atmosphere. They also say that the complimentary breakfast alongside waterfront views from the rooftop terrace and the impeccable customer service are worth returning for.
- View all PhotosCharleston, SC0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1658)Free BreakfastFree WiFiRead MoreSitting just down the street from the historic Charleston City Market, this hotel is ideal for anyone who prefers all things luxury. Many guests find it hard to believe that Market Pavilion only dates back to 2003; intricately carved furniture and elaborate decor evoke a sense of history, while the hotel's rooftop pool and Pavilion Bar add contemporary flair. Recent guests rave about the hotel's friendly staff and top-tier room amenities, which include two-poster beds, plush robes, oversized marble baths and Hermès brand toiletries.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- View all PhotosCharleston, SC0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1167)Free BreakfastRead MoreAccording to recent guests, The Restoration is more than just a hotel. Spread throughout five buildings in downtown Charleston, South Carolina, the property offers a bevy of unique amenities. Visitors and locals can wander through The Port Mercantile retail store in search of one-of-a-kind goods; soak up the sun on the rooftop or by the Indigo Pool; indulge in a treatment at The Amethyst Spa; or enjoy farm-to-table eats at The Watch Rooftop Kitchen & Spirits. Other on-site amenities exclusively available to guests include a fitness center and complimentary bicycle rentals. Travelers also rave about the property's location, which puts lodgers within walking distance of many popular Charleston attractions, including the Charleston City Market and The Nathaniel Russell House Museum. Additionally, recent guests said they weren't disappointed when they retired to their rooms. The all-suite accommodations are described as spacious, comfortable and stylish. Ranging from 500-square-foot studio suites with kitchenettes to two-bedroom suites with full kitchens, rooms are equipped with Smart TVs, personal iPads, complimentary Wi-Fi access and made-to-order breakfast baskets, among other amenities. Aside from the standout facilities, reviewers were most impressed with the exceptional service.Free Breakfast
- Read MoreNestled in historic downtown Charleston's French Quarter, The Vendue offers unique lodgings that exhibit distinct Southern charm. Due to the age of the property (the hotel is a combination of old warehouses that date back to the 18th and 19th centuries), no two rooms here are the same. While the specific design of each room varies, the historical theme of the property remains central across all accommodations, each boasting antique furnishings as well as modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs and in-room Wi-Fi. Aside from the room accouterments, The Vendue also boasts complimentary bike rentals, two restaurant, rooftop bar and top-notch customer service, according to guests. There is also a rotating art gallery in-house as well as an afternoon wine reception and evening milk and cookies, creating for an utmost cozy stay.
- View all PhotosCharleston, SC0.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (344)Free WiFiRead MoreIf location is a make or break factor for you, there are fewer properties that can provide a more convenient home base in Charleston, South Carolina, than the Grand Bohemian. Some of the city's biggest attractions, including The Battery and the Charleston City Market, sit less than a mile from the property. Along with its address, another standout aspect of this boutique property is its funky, upscale decor. Accommodations feature mustard-colored accent chairs, velvet upholstered headboards and glass-top desks, among other features. Rooms also come equipped with flat-screen TVs, marble bathrooms, minifridges and windows offering views of the city's historic area or hotel atrium. Though some guests had mixed feels about the unconventional decor, many agreed that the on-site dining is top-notch. Élevé Restaurant specializes in farm-to-table fare, and the rooftop bar by the same name is described as a must-visit. Guests also strongly recommend visiting the Bohemian Wine Blending & Tasting room, but if you're looking for something more casual, the Maison Café will likely do. Travelers were pleased with the hotel and its amenities, but said room rates are expensive, especially considering the property lacks additional hotel facilities, such as a pool or spa.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree WiFi
- View all PhotosCharleston, SC0.1 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (810)Free BreakfastFree WiFiRead MoreIf you're an American history buff, recent guests insist that you stay at this boutique hotel. Once the former home of John Rutledge (one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence), this magnificent 18th-century hotel features 19 guest rooms and suites within the main residence and two carriage houses. Each room is decked out in detailed Italian marble fireplaces, inlaid floors, the property's original plaster moldings. Amenities include complimentary bottled water and wireless Internet access. And along with the room furnishings, recent lodgers also rave about the complimentary breakfast and the evening port, sherry and brandy. Plus, guests here have easy access to some of Charleston's most historic attractions, including the Nathaniel Russell House and the Old Slave Mart Museum.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi