- View all PhotosLouisville Marriott DowntownLouisville, KY0.4 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassThis downtown hotel is a no-fuss Marriott, but visitors praise it for acing the basics. Clean rooms, a friendly and accommodating staff and a convenient downtown location on West Jefferson Street near the Kentucky International Convention Center are the main perks. You could also attend a meeting inside the hotel, as this Marriott boasts 38,000 square feet of meeting facilities and breakout rooms. If you're looking for a bit of exercise, break a sweat in the fitness center or swim some laps in the indoor pool. Another plus: From here you can walk to sites like the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory and the Frazier History Museum. Keep in mind, this hotel is currently undergoing renovations, and recent guests said that the construction can be loud. If you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can accrue or redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosGriffin Gate Marriott Resort & SpaLexington, KY4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
The Griffin Gate Marriott's 409 rooms and suites sit among the rolling country hills just north of Lexington, Kentucky. This Marriott outpost is a haven for business travelers, avid golfers and general visitors to the Lexington area. Guests traveling for work appreciate the 28,000 square feet of meeting space and 26 conference rooms, while golfers enjoy the 18-hole Rees Jones-designed course on-site. And all types of travelers welcome the clean, spacious digs, all of which are equipped with coffee makers, LCD TVs and wireless internet access (for $8.95 a day). Recent guests suggest springing for a concierge level room, which offers access to an exclusive lounge as well as complimentary continental breakfasts, snacks and evening hors d'oeuvres. Light bites and drinks can also be found at the 19th Hole and Top Deck, while you can grab a full meal like a New York strip steak and garlic mashed potatoes or a bone-in bourbon filet and sautéed mushrooms at JW's Steakhouse. Looking for a little R&R? Snag a spot at the indoor or outdoor pool, or book a body scrub or massage at the spa. Finally, Marriott Bonvoy members will be happy to learn that they can both earn and use points at this property.
- View all Photos21c Museum Hotel LouisvilleLouisville, KY0.7 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class
While the 21c Museum Hotel Louisville has an art focus and is designed to appeal to adults, the hotel does offer cribs for no additional charge and rollaways for $30 per night, as well as some child-friendly, in-room dining options. The hotel also offers a Kid's Exploration Package, which includes two tickets to the Kentucky Science Center and a tent for in-room camping.
- View all PhotosThe Brown HotelLouisville, KY0.1 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
The Brown Hotel is a family-friendly property that offers in-room movies and babysitting services for an additional fee. The hotel's concierge can also provide local points of interest for families to visit.
- View all PhotosThe Seelbach Hilton LouisvilleLouisville, KY0.2 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassThe hotel offers several family-friendly amenities, including babysitting services and in-room on-demand games. There are children's menus and high chairs available at the hotel's restaurants, as well.
- View all PhotosMarriott Cincinnati RiverCenterCovington, KY1.2 miles to city center3.5-star Hotel Class3.5-star Hotel ClassOK, this hotel isn't actually in Cincinnati but across the Ohio River in Covington, Kentucky, (about 98 miles northeast of Louisville). The Marriott's Ohio riverfront location, close to the big city, does seem to be one of its key selling points. That's particularly true if you're interested in catching a Bengals football game at Paul Brown Stadium (about 1 mile away) or a Reds baseball game at the Great American Ballpark (also just 1 mile away). Some guests complain of slow room service and a somewhat confusing journey from the lobby to the hotel rooms. Speaking of rooms, all feature beds with pillow-top mattresses, coffee makers, marble bathrooms and in-room Internet access (for a fee). If you want to make the most out of staying at the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, you should book a room facing the water and not the city streets. Additional on-site amenities guests can take advantage of include a fitness center, an indoor pool and a handful of restaurants and lounges. Earn or indulge in complimentary perks if you're a Marriott Rewards member.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.