- Read MoreWith many activities available for all ages, Mackinac Island is a popular vacation destination for families, especially during the summer. Grand Hotel offers childrens programs that include duck pin bowling, arts and crafts, rock collecting on the beach, scavenger hunts and more for kids ages 5 and older. Children ages 9 and younger stay at the hotel for free, and kids ages 10 to 17 stay for an additional $59 per night.Free WiFi
- View all PhotosDetroit, MI0.3 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (601)Free BreakfastFree WiFiRead More
This downtown Detroit hotel comprises 174 suites, each of which boasts skyline views and deluxe marble bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and complimentary wireless internet. Recent guests rave about the attentiveness of the hotel's polite employees, as well as the convenience of Atheneum's close proximity to Greektown's eateries and Detroit's most compelling attractions. But visitors do warn of excessive street noise (the hotel is situated across the street from a casino), which guests say can yield late night and early morning disruptions.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- View all PhotosRochester, MI24.1 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (552)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreLocated 27 miles north of Detroit, The Royal Park Hotel sits on the banks of Paint Creek in Rochester, Michigan. Recent guests enjoy its European-style design aesthetic, adding that it's a great place to escape urban Detroit. Guests also loved the clean, comfortable rooms, which come equipped with flat-screen televisions, complimentary Wi-Fi access, Italian marble bathrooms and L'Occitane toiletries. For dining, the hotel is home to Park 600 Bar + Kitchen and offers a Royal Tea, held Thursday through Sunday starting at 11:30 a.m. For those looking to explore the area, The Royal Park Hotel provides bike rentals, helmets and locks. While many recent visitors appreciated the on-site amenities and comfortable accommodations, some said there was an air of arrogance among the staff that they weren't a fan of.Free ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosDetroit, MI18.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1567)Read MoreYou'll find this hotel on the campus of the Detroit Metropolitan Airport. It's attached to the Edward H. McNamara/Northwest World Gateway Terminal, but there's 24-hour shuttle service to the North Terminal, making it a cinch to catch flights. Guests say that this hotel is ideal for early morning departures, and that valet parking is both convenient and economical. Plus, the hotel is fitted with all of Westin's signature amenities, from a fully equipped fitness center to those cloud-like Heavenly Beds. Recent guests also report the cuisine at the on-site restaurant, reflections, is tasty, but a bit overpriced. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosDetroit, MI0.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1488)Read MoreThe Westin Book Cadillac Detroit offers children ages 4 to 12 a welcome bag with amenities to help them explore the Detroit area. There is also a special care bag for infants.
- View all PhotosSouthfield, MI14.1 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (738)Free ParkingRead MoreAlthough the Westin Southfield Detroit is primarily visited by business travelers, families with children are welcome. Civic Center Park has a range of kid-friendly facilities like playgrounds, baseball fields, swimming pools and an ice skating rink.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.