- Read MoreRecent visitors raved about the location, service and relaxing ambiance of the Leslie Hotel. Located on Ocean Drive, across the street from the beach, this canary yellow, 35-room boutique property offers prime access to South Beach's vibrant nightlife and dining scene. But according to past guests, you don't have to go far for either: The on-site Cala Cafe was a hit with past guests for its delicious menu and attentive service, while the rooftop pool and terrace offer a panoramic vantage point for taking in the Miami Beach scene. If you do want to check out the beach, you can borrow beach towels and chairs from the hotel. Reviewers were also impressed with the rooms, which they described as spacious and stylish (rooms average around 350 square feet, while the hotel's two suites span 550 square feet). In addition to their modern design, accommodations are equipped with flat-screen TVs, minifridges and, in the suites, separate showers and bathtubs. You'll find that the hotel's eye for style extends beyond the rooms; the hotel features art deco aesthetics throughout the entire property, an homage to the building's original construction in 1937. Another aspect of the Leslie Hotel that sets it apart from its Ocean Drive neighbors: It boasts its own game room, ideal for those traveling with kids. But if you plan on bringing a car, be prepared to pay more than $36 per day for valet parking.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read MoreThe Boulan South Beach is an apartment-style, all-suite hotel located along Collins Avenue in Miami Beach, within a block of The Bass and South Beach. Spanning 370 to 2,100 square feet, suites at this hotel are spacious and feature kitchenettes or kitchens, walk-in rain showers and pillow-top mattresses. Past guests said they appreciated the hotel's roomy accommodations, attentive service and convenient location. While situated away from the beach, the Boulan provides beach chairs for guests to use on the nearby beach. After a day in the sun, visitors can enjoy New American cuisine for dinner at Orange Blossom, which is next to the Boulan. While the Boulan does not have a bar on-site, the property is within easy walking distance of many bars, restaurants and nightclubs. A popular feature of this hotel is the rooftop pool with a hot tub, sundeck and cabanas.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read MoreWith spacious digs and a well-situated spot in Miami Beach by Ocean Drive and South Beach, the Bentley Hotel South Beach earns plenty of praise from recent guests. The rooms feature cream-colored decor with wooden accents, Egyptian cotton linens, marble bathrooms, minibars and kitchenettes or kitchens. Past guests also appreciated the friendly and attentive staff on top of the prime location of the hotel. Another aspect visitors love: the expansive rooftop pool, Jacuzzi and deck, where you can take in views of the beach and sparkling ocean. And beach-lovers will enjoy the complimentary access to a private beach club, which includes use of lounge chairs and umbrellas and butlers who will keep your glasses full. The only complaint was the high cost of valet parking, but some guests say there is a lot close by that is pennies in comparison.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read MoreThis chic boutique hotel is located in Bay Harbor Islands, Florida, just north of Miami, offering a quiet respite from the party hard city but a convenient location close enough to visit the shops and restaurants found in Bal Harbour. The rooms here are dressed in white linens with pops of magenta and lime and are equipped with 42-inch HDTVs, iPod docking stations and Keurig coffee makers. Some guests found the accommodations to be small and in need of an update, but any issues brought to the hotel are met with a smile and solution. Hotel guests are treated to complimentary breakfast each morning (which is covered by the property's $15 "urban fee"), though some recent visitors note the offerings aren't anything spectacular. The Palm Restaurant, however, earns praise for its delectable (albeit a tad expensive) dishes. And while it doesn't offer a pool like other Miami-based properties, the daddy O hotel miami is just a short drive (or walk) to the beaches that line Florida's eastern coast.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read MoreRecent guests said the Villa Bagatelle felt like a home away from home, describing the spacious suites as more like apartments than guest rooms. Suites are appointed with kitchens or kitchenettes, sitting areas with couches and flat-screen TVs and spacious marble bathrooms with C.O. Bigelow toiletries. Those staying in standard, deluxe and luxury suites will also find washers and dryers. If you ever decide to leave your room, the beach is only one block east, where the hotel provides umbrellas and lounge chairs for guests (included in the $33.90 daily resort fee). The fee also includes room service breakfast for two. If you'd rather stay put, the property also features a fitness center, a rooftop sun deck with a pool and whirlpool surrounded by cabana beds and an outdoor courtyard for quieter relaxation. In the evenings, stop by the Dry de Luxe blow-dry lounge to prep for a night out on the town before enjoying dinner at the upscale (and highly praised) Bagatelle Bistro, which features a French Mediterranean menu and also serves a popular champagne brunch party. Along with its amenities, recent guests said the accommodating staff was a primary reason for a return visit.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
- Read MoreUnique touches — like free breakfast, complimentary use of bikes and iPads, and a glass-encased aquarium-style rooftop pool — set the Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach apart from other outposts in the lively Miami Beach area. (While these particular amenities are a hit, there is a daily resort fee of $22 per room.) This property's location right along Ocean Drive and across from the Art Deco District also earns a nod of approval from recent visitors. The Esplendor Hotel Breakwater's 99 rooms and suites are equipped with 42-inch flat-screen TVs, minibars, iPod docking stations and complimentary Wi-Fi. What's more, private beach access and a picturesque rooftop lounge offer hotel guests a way to relax amid the bubbly South Beach atmosphere. As for food, you'll find two on-site restaurants (Ocean's Ten and II Paparazzi) though the property's convenient location on Ocean Drive puts it near many of Miami Beach's hottest eateries.3.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.