- Read MoreSituated in Lake Louise (about a 35-mile drive northwest of Banff), Post Hotel & Spa woos its guests with rustic luxury. This Relais & Châteaux hotel's accommodations range from cozy guest rooms outfitted with whirlpool tubs and wood-beamed ceilings to luxe suites with fireplaces and multiple bedrooms. Some guests do note that a passing train can disrupt an otherwise peaceful night's rest; if you're a light sleeper, request a room on the quieter Preferred Side of the hotel, which faces trees, cabins and the property's lawn area. The on-site Temple Mountain Spa, on the other hand, receives consistently high marks for its relaxing massages and gorgeous mountain views. If you would rather tackle the slopes than admire them, Post Hotel & Spa sits just minutes from the Lake Louise Ski Area. Plus, you can book special ski packages through the hotel if you're planning on a few days of skiing.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosCalgary, AB4.6 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1535)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreDespite the fact that this hotel is connected to an 84,000-square-foot casino on the Tsuu T'ina First Nation reservation, the property maintains a quiet, relaxing atmosphere, according to recent guests. Visitors especially appreciated that the rooms, which are designed with a neutral color palette and feature sizable work desks and free Wi-Fi access, were soundproofed. Recent travelers recommended requesting a room on an upper floor to score the best view of the nearby Canadian Rockies. Another highlight for lodgers: the free deluxe breakfast offered every morning. Aside from the buffet, Grey Eagle also offers two additional restaurants and bars. Guests praised the food found at the on-site restaurants and said they found little need to leave the premises with all of the variety. Should you want to get off the property, you can borrow the hotel's mountain bikes and helmets and explore the nearby Glenmore Park trails, use of which is covered in the resort fee (10 percent of the room rate). You can also work up a sweat in the hotel's fitness facility or cool off in the indoor pool or outdoor hot tub. Aside from the resort's amenities, travelers were also quick to praise the customer service, especially the front desk staff. You'll find the Grey Eagle Resort & Casino about 7 miles southwest of downtown Calgary.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosCanmore, ABTripAdvisor (1669)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreSurrounded by the majestic Canadian Rockies, Stoneridge Mountain Resort offers dramatic views at every turn. About 20 miles southeast of Banff National Park and 27 miles east of Sunshine Village, Stoneridge offers a convenient base from which to explore Banff and Lake Louise. But you don't have to go far to enjoy your spectacular surroundings: The sundeck, the pool and all the rooms boast sweeping mountain vistas. When you're not gazing at the view from your digs, enjoy a gas fireplace, free Wi-Fi, a 42-inch TV and en-suite laundry. Accommodations also feature a fully equipped kitchen, which comes in handy if you're not in the mood to trek to Canmore's main street for dinner (there is only a cafe on the resort grounds). Recent guests describe the accommodations as luxurious and cozy. Many visitors also say that the entire resort feels like a home away from home, thanks in large part to the courteous staff. Note: There is a 3 percent resort fee, which covers the cost of Wi-Fi, parking and other amenities.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreIf you've come to Canmore, Alberta, for the heart-pumping outdoor pursuits, Solara Resort & Spa provides a convenient home base. The resort, situated about 20 miles southeast of Banff National Park, plays off of the area's best asset: the Canadian Rockies. Solara puts you within an hour's drive of Mount Norquay, Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. After working up a sweat hitting the slopes or hiking the trails, head to One Wellness and Spa: Recent visitors say the spa provides soothing relief for sore muscles. For more relaxation, kick back in your room. Each of the one-, two- and three-bedroom suites features a cozy fireplace, a fully equipped kitchen and a spacious bathroom with a jet massage shower. Some of the suites also boast balconies appointed with electric grills, but if you're not in the mood to cook, you'll find a handful of restaurants and cafes in Canmore (less than a mile north). Or, you can head to the property's sister resort, Grande Rockies Resort, which has its own on-site eatery, Habitat Restaurant & Bar.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosCalgary, AB3.6 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (500)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThe Sheraton Cavalier Calgary Hotel's enviable location — less than 10 miles south of Calgary International Airport — makes it a convenient stopover for transient travelers (plus, it also provides a free airport shuttle). But according to recent guests, you may want to linger a little longer if you're traveling with children: Not only does this Sheraton boast its own 3,000-square-foot water park, but it also offers easy access to family-friendly Calgary attractions, such as the Saddledome and the Calgary Zoo. Meanwhile, if you're visiting on business, you can take advantage of the property's 12,000 square feet of meeting space, as well as its business center and fitness center (equipped with cross-trainers and treadmills). Then, refuel at one of the property's five eateries; Carver's Steakhouse dishes up hearty Alberta beef while Colors Bistro entices visitors with its relaxed atmosphere. If it's lighter fare you seek, visit Henry's Pub or the Lobby Lounge for small bites, or grab a coffee and pastry to-go from Starbucks. Guest rooms here are also flush with amenities, including 32-inch flat-screen TVs, Shine by Bliss bath amenities and Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds. And thanks to the Sheraton's Marriott ties, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreNestled at the base of Banff National Park in Canmore, Alberta, the Grand Rockies Resort appeals to families and business travelers alike. Inside, guests are greeted by generously sized one-, two- or three-bedroom accommodations appointed with gas fireplaces and 40-inch LCD flat-screen TVs. Additional features include rainfall showers, complimentary Wi-Fi access and kitchens. Recent visitors are fond of the courteous hotel staff, which they say enhanced the resort's warm, inviting atmosphere with attentive and personalized service. During the day, you can take advantage of the fitness area, heated indoor swimming pool, hot tub and kids pool (with waterslide) — a major hit among those traveling with children in tow. Meanwhile, those traveling for work appreciate the same-day dry cleaning service, as well as the three meeting rooms and ample conference facilities. The Habitat Restaurant & Bar also receives two thumbs up from recent patrons for its regionally inspired menu items like Alberta beef tartar and pan-seared halibut. If you came looking to tackle fresh powder, venture to Sunshine Village or Lake Louise (both are situated within a 50-mile radius).4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreWhile the name of this Canadian lodge may initially induce a small chuckle, guests will find that the hotel is so much more than its quintessentially Canadian mascot (though you will find it everywhere). The Moose Hotel & Suites is praised across the board for a number of different attributes, including its comfy accommodations, top-notch facilities and convenient location in downtown Banff, Alberta. Lodgers say you can't skip a dip in one of the heated rooftop pools, which offer up views of the surrounding forestry from the terrace or behind floor-to-ceiling windows. Rooms stirred up just as many feelings of warmth, with guests reporting their accommodations to be modern, yet cozy thanks to amenities like king-sized or queen-sized beds, in-room coffee makers, flat-screen TVs and bathrooms with rain showers (upgrade to a suite and you'll get a fireplace and kitchenette). The Moose Hotel also boasts an Italian restaurant and an on-site fitness center and spa, which offers both standard treatments and salon services. You can find Moose Hotel & Suites right on Banff Avenue, Banff's main thoroughfare. From here, guests can walk to multiple restaurants, shopping and entertainment options.3.5-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.