- View all PhotosAustin, TX6 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (458)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreIf you're looking for a taste of Europe in Austin, Texas, the Hotel Granduca Austin may just be for you. Similar to Hotel Granduca Houston, this Austin outpost was constructed and designed to look like an Italian villa, and features fountains, a grand outdoor courtyard, hand-painted murals, intricately, patterned wood floors and antique carpets. The theme carries into the rooms, which start at 480 square feet and are appointed with king-sized beds, walk-in showers, exposed wooden beams and Italian art. Some suites also include Juliet balconies, soaking tubs and separate living rooms. Recent guests appreciated the size of the rooms, but were most impressed with the views: The hotel sits on a hillside about 8 miles northwest of Austin. You can also admire the views from the outdoor heated saltwater pool or the Veranda cafe and bar. Aside from the hotel's tranquil location, reviewers also raved about the on-site Italian restaurant, Visconti Ristorante & Bar. If you're looking for a more casual atmosphere, grab a bite at the poolside grill and bar. When it's time to relax, you can indulge in spa services or enlist the concierge to arrange a golf outing at a nearby course. This hotel is part of The Leading Hotels of the World, meaning Leaders Club members have access to perks here.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosAustin, TX11.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (344)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreLocated along the Colorado River and less than 22 miles northwest of downtown Austin, the Lake Austin Spa Resort is one of the area's most luxurious resorts. And according to recent guests, this property is just as relaxing as it is opulent (and warrants the commute back and forth from the downtown area). The LakeHouse Spa offers a wide menu of treatments that are sure to help relax your body and mind, while resort activities like yoga, boating and hiking will entice you to get outside and get moving. And guest rooms offer the perfect amount of peace and quiet, boasting private porches, soaking tubs, fresh-cut flowers, complimentary Wi-Fi and Egyptian cotton linens. Lake Austin Spa Resort also receives high praise for its healthy (and yes, very tasty) cuisine. And while room rates are on the pricier side, this is an all-inclusive resort, so all meals, beverages and activities are included.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosLakeway, TX16.7 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1193)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreLocated about 22 miles northwest of downtown Austin, the Lakeway Resort and Spa caters more to R&R seekers than it does to tourists. This beautiful complex rests on the banks of Lake Travis in Texas Hill Country, leading to spectacular views for those of you practicing your swing on one of four 18-hole championship golf courses (including Flintrock Falls, a Jack Nicklaus-designed course). Lakeway also boasts a full-service spa, which offers a long menu of massages and skin treatments. And if you're looking to take to the tides, head to the Lakeway Marina for opportunities to sail and fish, or simply lounge by the property's pool. Recent guests highly recommend ending your day with dinner at the on-site eatery, Lake Travis Restaurant. And though they describe the grounds as stunning, previous visitors say that the guest rooms feel dated, despite their flat-screen TVs and private balconies. Some also warn against hidden resort fees, which can spark a serious case of sticker shock upon checkout.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosAustin, TX9.6 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1353)Free ParkingRead MoreIf you're looking to experience Austin's high life, The Westin Austin at the Domain will make a great home base. Sitting about 11 miles north of downtown Austin in the Domain neighborhood, this hotel is surrounded by some of the city's premier shopping, restaurants and entertainment venues. Recent visitors describe the guest rooms as bright and airy, though very typical of a Westin property in terms of amenities (which is a good thing, given the contemporary decor, signature Westin Heavenly Beds and 37-inch flat-screen TVs). The hotel also houses a pool and the in-house restaurant, Urban – An American Grill, which guests praise for its cuisine and service. Yet even though loyal Westin guests can earn points for staying here through the Marriott Bonvoy program, some previous visitors felt that the room rates were too high for a hotel that's so far from the city center.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- View all PhotosAustin, TX7.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (2201)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreLocated about 10 miles northwest of downtown Austin, the Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa isn't the most practical choice for sightseers. But golfers will be delighted by this premier Texas golf destination; it features four golf courses in the heart of Texas Hill Country. After you work up an appetite on the driving range, treat yourself to a meal at one of the resort's eateries. And if you have kids in tow, plan on a day at the pool, on the surrounding hiking trails or on the mini-golf course. Recent guests love this Omni resort's quiet location and large guest rooms, which include plasma TVs, plush beds and granite countertops. However, recent guests do warn that the service staff isn't up to par and that guests should be wary of hidden fees that can be added to your bill.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosAustin, TX3.4 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1733)Free ParkingRead MoreSitting about 5 miles south of downtown Austin (right off of I-35), the Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark offers a luxurious stay without all of the noise that accompanies downtown properties. This hotel caters more to business travelers than tourists, offering on-the-go workers a 24-hour business center, postal services and free Wi-Fi for Omni Select Guests members (non-members pay $9.95 per day). Recent guests do note that the location is only convenient for guests with cars. However, that doesn't mean leisure travelers should rule this Omni out: The hotel's Trinity Spa features a full menu of stress-relieving treatments, and the hotel concierge is happy to arrange tee times at nearby golf courses or direct you to surrounding shopping areas. Some recent guests do warn to check your credit card statement during your stay to watch out for extra charges. Meanwhile, recent visitors praise the Onion Creek Grille, saying that the make-your-own-pasta buffet is a treat for diners of all ages.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.