- Read MoreTravelers prefer the quiet Hotel Arista for stays in the outer Chicago 'burbs, complimenting its reasonable rates and amenable staff. Situated in Naperville, Illinois, about 30 miles west of the Windy City, this locally owned boutique hotel prides itself on personalized service. After making your reservation, you'll be asked to fill out a "Personal Preference Menu" to ensure that everything from your pillow to the snacks in your "Nosh Box" are up to your standards. Hotel Arista also boasts spacious digs: Rooms include well-lit marble bathrooms (with deep-soaking tubs and mirrors with embedded TV screens), iHome radios, Wi-Fi access and Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit game consoles upon request. You can also refuel at the Che Figata, which offers authentic Italian fare. As far is service is concerned, recent visitors are split: Some said attention to detail from the staff was lacking compared to their last visit, while others said they experienced courteous and helpful hotel employees.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosItasca, IL22 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (668)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreIf you want to have your cake and eat it too, the Eaglewood Resort & Spa might be a good choice for you. Since it's located in Itasca, about 26 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, the resort is close enough to the city to visit when you want, but far enough away to feel peaceful and serene. Guest rooms here are spacious and come equipped with pillow-top matresses, mahogany furnishings and flat-screen TVs while suites boast private balconies. For stellar views, travelers insist on booking a rooftop suite, which are separate from the resort's main building, adding an extra dose of privacy. If you decide not to head into the Windy City, you'll find plenty to do right here: Eaglewood features a fitness center, an indoor pool, an 18-hole golf course and even an on-site bowling alley. You'll also find a 10,000-square-foot, full-service spa, which earns praise from R&R-seekers for its laundry list of massages and skin treatments. And when mealtime rolls around, Burnham's satisfies a wide variety of cravings with its buffet, while Prairie River Fire Pit and Patio offers a more refined atmosphere. Visitors also rave about the hotel staff at this property. Though recent guests enjoyed the expansiveness of the property, they do concede that it's easy to get lost here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSchaumburg, ILTripAdvisor (815)Free ParkingRead MoreYou'll find the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel on North Thoreau Drive in Schaumberg, Illinois, about 30 miles northwest of Chicago. Although this hotel is probably too far from the city for leisure travelers, those in town on business will find all their needs met. This Renaissance property boasts nearly 150,000 square feet of meeting space, not to mention a full-service business center. Many who have stayed here reported a good experience, praising the hotel for its quality customer service and ample amenities. Guest rooms offer contemporary decor and giant windows. Some guests were wary of a room facing the freeway, but they say that the windows are well insulated and keep noise out. You'll also find flat-screen TVs (including a TV embedded in the bathroom mirror) and high-speed Internet access (for a fee). This hotel also boasts a sizable fitness center, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. Meanwhile, an in-house restaurant, which past guests say is pricey, as well as a cafe and a bar serve up a variety of dishes ranging from steaks to salads. What's more, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points here.
- View all PhotosGeneva, ILTripAdvisor (442)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThe Herrington Inn & Spa is located in Geneva, Illinois, although the hotel's decor was inspired by the luxury lodgings of France and Italy. Housing a mere 61 guest rooms, this boutique property offers visitors a unique hotel experience with services like in-room bath drawings (offered by the hotel's spa) and a complimentary European-style continental breakfast. Each of The Herrington's rooms features furnishings reminiscent of a Victorian parlor, including stone mantels above the fireplaces, plush sofas and beds, and private balconies. But you'll find 21st century amenities, too, including whirlpool tubs, honor bars and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Recent guests highly recommend making the most out of a stay at The Herrington Inn by indulging in a treatment at The Spa, which visitors praise for its ample services and friendly staff. The in-house restaurant, Atwater's (named in honor of one of Geneva's first settlers), also receives compliments for its classy ambiance and regional fare. Although some travelers note that a stay at The Herrington will cost you a pretty penny, many say the experience is completely worth the price. You'll find this inn in northeastern Illinois, about 40 miles west of Chicago.Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreThe Westin Lombard Yorktown Center scrapes the sky above Lombard, Illinois, about 20 miles west of Chicago. Although regional public transportation will make it relatively easy for leisure travelers to get into and out of the city, it's a trek and this Westin hotel is better suited for business travelers. Visitors can log onto the Internet for free in the hotel's common spaces (there's a charge for room access), or they can get the job done in the on-site business center and meeting rooms. According to recent guests, this Westin is nothing to write home about, but fans of the Marriott-affiliated hotel chain will find that the Lombard version lives up to standards. Guest rooms are dressed in white and hardwood decor, and come equipped with flat-screen TVs, Heavenly bath fixtures and sizeable work desks. Travelers also appreciate this Westin's decent room rate, which they say is much lower than that of a Chicago hotel and for which visitors can enjoy access to the property's indoor pool and fitness center. This hotel's restaurants also win favor with visitors, with prime steak served at Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse and fresh seafood served at Holy Mackerel!. The hotel is even friendlier on the wallets of Marriott Bonvoy program members, who can use points to pay.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- View all PhotosChicago, IL16.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (315)Free ParkingRead MoreEven though this Le Méridien property sits around 18 miles west of downtown Chicago, recent travelers said the hotel's location is ideal for a staycation or a weekend shopping getaway. (Oakbrook Center is one of the largest malls in the nation, with more than 160 specialty stores, 20 restaurants and grab-and-go eateries and an AMC movie theater.) But if your perfect vacation doesn't involve spending a ton of cash, don't fret. An on-site fitness center is available free of charge, and the property's two restaurants – Longitude 87 and El Tapeo – offer tasty meals and drinks at reasonable prices, according to past guests. When you're ready to catch some zzz's, unwind in your comfortable digs. All guest rooms feature crisp white linens and wooden furniture, and include amenities like 48-inch flat-screen televisions and Illy espresso machine. However, be prepared to pay for in-room Wi-Fi. And because of this property's connection to the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- View all PhotosWheeling, IL23.7 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (504)Free ParkingRead MoreYou'll find The Westin Chicago North Shore about 30 miles northwest of downtown Chicago and roughly 15 miles north of O'Hare International Airport. Although it may not be the most convenient location for sightseeing, this Westin property attracts visitors with its pristine setting, situated in one of Chi-town's affluent neighborhoods and amid the greenery of Potawatomi Woods. Guests also choose this hotel as their home base thanks to the welcoming staff and the proximity to several upscale dining options. Accommodations at The Westin Chicago North shore are fairly standard in terms of appearance and amenities (another draw for fans of the Westin brand), with white and gray hues, LCD TVs, Heavenly beds and high-speed Internet access (for a fee). This hotel also draws working travelers with its full-service business center, ample meeting space, on-site pool and in-house Italian restaurant, Saranello's. Past visitors were also pleased with the abundance of (free) parking available at the property, though they warn it's a bit of a trek from the lot back to the hotel. Because of its ties to the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosItasca, IL21.6 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (617)Free ParkingRead MoreFans of the Westin brand will have a few options when it comes to lodging in and around Chicago; this particular hotel is located on the outskirts of the city, about 15 miles west of O'Hare International Airport and a little less than 30 miles northwest of the city center. Although you might save some coin staying here, some recent visitors say that this location offers a few annoyances, such as late night noise from the hotel atrium and a long commute into the Windy City. However, if you're looking for a comfy place to bed down that's close to the airport, this Westin outpost is well-equipped. Rooms are outfitted with the Westin Heavenly beds (and dog beds, upon request), flat-screen TVs and high-speed Internet access (for a fee). The only complaint guests seem to have with this Westin is in regards to the bathrooms: Many visitors said they're rather cramped and outdated. But guests of The Westin Chicago Northwest also have access to the sauna and indoor heated pool. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosOak Brook, IL16.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (853)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreFun fact: This hotel is right by Hamburger University, a Micky D's training facility. But in all seriousness, travelers say the Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus deserves to be on your radar. Located in Oak Brook, Illinois – about 20 miles west of Chicago – this Hyatt hotel is a suitable choice for the business traveler set, but an even better getaway for leisure travelers. Sure, you'll find 47,000 square feet of event space here, but the activities offered at this lodge-style property range from spa treatments to pool lounging to mountain biking (things you won't want to miss out on while you're working). But whatever your reason for staying here, you should find your experience to be enjoyable. Previous guests approve of the guest rooms, which boast Hyatt's Grand beds, marble bathrooms and balconies overlooking the woodland or garden. Travelers also gush over the Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus' picturesque natural landscape and its Frank Lloyd Wright-esque design. Meanwhile, the lodge houses three restaurants, which range from upscale eats to casual cuisine. And by choosing to bed down here, members of the Hyatt Gold Passport program can accrue or redeem points.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosNorthbrook, IL19.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (630)Free ParkingRead MoreThe Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel can be found in Northbrook, Illinois, about 25 miles north of downtown Chicago. Although the location may be a deal-breaker for some, many travelers say that its fairly remote address results in a few perks. Some of this Renaissance property's best traits can be attributed to its location, including its peaceful atmosphere and its reasonable rates. As for the experience, most guests can't complain. Visitors describe the guest rooms as comfortable thanks to red and golf accents, flat-screen HDTVs, pillow-top mattresses and luxury linens. Guests are also fond of the hotel's pool and fitness center, while the selection of on-site eateries caters to a wide variety of tastes (which is good, since there aren't many options in the surrounding neighborhood). As for the customer service, a few snafus have been reported, but overall, visitors seem pleased with the efforts made by hotel employees to ensure a quality stay. What's more, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can collect or redeem points by choosing to bed down here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.