- View all PhotosDetroit, MI0.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1448)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreBringing a little bit of Las Vegas to downtown Detroit, this MGM outpost doubles as a luxury hotel and a mammoth casino. Take your pick between more than 121 table games or 3,500 slots and a multi-table poker room. Or skip the slots and indulge in the hotel's other amenities, like the plethora of restaurants, entertainment options and a resort-style spa with an indoor infinity pool. After, retreat to your lodgings, which recent guests report are both spacious and clean. Guests also praise the friendly staff and the large bathrooms with marble showers and dual shower heads.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreSituated along the Tittabawassee River in central Michigan, about 140 miles northwest of Detroit, The H Hotel is popular with couples and business travelers thanks to its 13,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space (perfect for large meetings and weddings). In addition to its sprawling event areas, the hotel also boasts an indoor pool, a whirlpool and a fitness center. After working up an appetite, lodgers can choose from an upscale bar and lounge and two on-site eateries – both of which were praised by recent guests for their delectable cuisine. Travelers were also complimentary of the accommodations. Guest rooms feature minimalist decor with white linens, padded headboards and colorful accents. Recent travelers said they found rooms to be clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Standard amenities include complimentary Wi-Fi access, Keurig coffee makers and minifridges. While some reported problems with housekeeping, most guests said their experiences with staff were all courteous and friendly.
- View all PhotosRochester, MI24.1 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (552)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreLocated 27 miles north of Detroit, The Royal Park Hotel sits on the banks of Paint Creek in Rochester, Michigan. Recent guests enjoy its European-style design aesthetic, adding that it's a great place to escape urban Detroit. Guests also loved the clean, comfortable rooms, which come equipped with flat-screen televisions, complimentary Wi-Fi access, Italian marble bathrooms and L'Occitane toiletries. For dining, the hotel is home to Park 600 Bar + Kitchen and offers a Royal Tea, held Thursday through Sunday starting at 11:30 a.m. For those looking to explore the area, The Royal Park Hotel provides bike rentals, helmets and locks. While many recent visitors appreciated the on-site amenities and comfortable accommodations, some said there was an air of arrogance among the staff that they weren't a fan of.
- View all PhotosDearborn, MI9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (897)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreThe Henry, Autograph Collection is located in Dearborn, Michigan, just about 12 miles west of central Detroit. Guests frequently praise the hotel's prime setting, characterizing it as both safe and convenient to downtown. Along with the hotel's location, guests applaud the clean, comfortable rooms, which boast comfy linens, marble bathrooms and free Wi-Fi access. If you're not in the mood to venture beyond the hotel for meals, there's TRIA, the on-site restaurant that serves seasonal and organic American fare. Recent guests said the restaurant's dishes are delicious and well-priced. When it's time to burn off the calories, there's a fitness center and an indoor pool. Recent guests give The Henry a solid review, citing its attentive staff as friendly and knowledgeable. And because The Henry belongs to Marriott, Marriott Bonvoy members can accumulate or cash in reward points here.
- View all PhotosDetroit, MI1.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (877)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreAt the MotorCity Casino Hotel, you can both gamble the night away and sleep soundly. The casino offers the usual table games, slots and video poker, and the hotel has a spa, fitness center and six dining options ranging from pizza shops to high-end cuisine. Inside your room, you'll find 300-thread-count linens, a marble bathroom and complimentary Wi-Fi access. But if you're searching for extensive luxury, recent guests recommend you look elsewhere (perhaps the MGM Grand Detroit), since they say this property is showing its age. You'll find the MotorCity Casino Hotel just northeast of the city center, off the John C. Lodge Freeway.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreTravelers say a stay at this retreat in Plymouth, Michigan, is well worth the trek to Detroit's suburbs. Appearling to both business and leisure travelers, The Inn at St. John's features a fitness center, an indoor pool and 48,000 square feet of meeting and event space. The property is also a popular locale to host weddings. Plus, recent guests especially commend the friendly staff and the spacious accommodations. All guest rooms come appointed with flat-screen TVs and queen- or king-sized beds fashioned with Egyptian cotton linens. When hunger sets in, fill up with a full meal at 5ive Steakhouse in the hotel lobby; for more casual bites, visit the Burger Loft. If you still have any lingering energy, arrange a tee time at the hotel's 27-hole golf course before relaxing at the Jacuzzi or curling up in your digs. You'll find the Inn at St. John's located about 26 miles west of downtown Detroit.
- View all PhotosDearborn, MI9.8 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (842)Free ParkingRead MoreOriginally built in 1931, this Dearborn, Michigan, hotel once occupied the grounds of Ford Motor Company. After undergoing a multimillion dollar renovation, The Dearborn Inn has managed to maintain its historic past while providing the creature comforts of the Marriott brand. You'll find The Dearborn Inn about 13 miles west of downtown Detroit, but it's just a quick walk from the Ford Museum (though you'll have to cross a busy street). Guests call it a gorgeous hotel for either a low-key vacation or an event: Its well-maintained grounds are lined with a picturesque jogging trail, and a seasonal outdoor pool. The Dearborn Inn's four floors contain 205 rooms and 24 suites, each boasting a marble bathroom, Bath & Body Works toiletries, a flat-screen TV and high ceilings. Guests report the rooms are spacious, but the bathrooms are small. Recent visitors also compliment the friendly and accommodating staff and point out that the two on-site restaurants serve quality American cuisine. Marriott Bonvoy members can accumulate or cash in points by staying here.Free Parking
- View all PhotosDetroit, MI0.2 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (1216)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead More
Centered in downtown Detroit's Greektown neighborhood, this casino hotel by the same name is touted for its city views and its proximity to Comerica Park, home to Major League Baseball's Detroit Tigers. Guests are quick to note that the hotel employees are friendly and accommodating, and also compliment the guest room views and beds. But it's the affordable room rates and 100,000 feet of non-smoking gaming space that keep the visitors coming back. Between time at the slots, rest in one of the property's guest rooms and suites with views that overlook downtown, the Detroit River or Canada. Accommodations feature floor-to-ceiling windows, plasma TVs and pillow-top mattresses. Thanks to the hotel's Greektown location, the property puts visitors within easy reach of the neighborhood's many bars and restaurants. If you'd rather stick close to the hotel, you'll find four eateries located on-site.
- View all PhotosSouthfield, MI14.1 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (738)Free ParkingRead MoreIf you're a fan of the Westin brand but would rather not spend the night at the brand's property at the Detroit airport, then the Westin Southfield Detroit could be a worthy alternative. The Westin Southfield Detroit caters to business travelers, since it's located northeast of the city center near a number of Fortune 500 companies. Because of its location in an office park, some recent guests who weren't in Detroit on business said the hotel lacks character. However, visitors do praise the accommodating and friendly staff, the hotel's flat-screen TVs and pillow-top signature Heavenly Beds. Leave your room to taste the American food at Tango or stop by the lounge or coffee shop. You should also note that the hotel has an indoor heated pool and fitness center to help keep you moving during your stay. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.