- Read MoreThis JW Marriott outpost offers contemporary elegance in Santo Domingo's affluent neighborhood of Piantini, less than 2 miles southwest of the city center. Travelers with a penchant for the finer things in life will especially appreciate the hotel's location steps from the luxe BlueMall, which features stores like Cartier, Zara and Louis Vuitton. But guests say the JW Marriott Hotel Santo Domingo is also an ideal spot for business travelers thanks to its central location and various business amenities and facilities, not to mention the ample desk space in the rooms. Accommodations at this Marriott are described as comfortable and chic, with beige and white color palettes, leather headboards and sleek wood furnishings. Amenities are abundant. In the rooms, guests are treated to pillow-top mattresses, marble bathrooms, minifridges, coffee makers and complimentary bottled water. Visitors can utilize the hotel's grocery shopping service, work up a sweat in the fitness center, take a dip in the rooftop infinity pool or wine and dine at the Vertygo 101 - Lounge & Bar or the Winston Grill & Patio. But reviewers say the highlight of the JW Marriot Hotel Santo Domingo is its superb customer service, with many travelers saying the staff made them feel right at home. What's more, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn or redeem points here for extra perks.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- Read MoreThose looking to embrace Santo Domingo's historical charm should consider bedding down at the Billini Hotel. This boutique property (which sits within the city's UNESCO World Heritage-listed Zona Colonial) showcases elements of the region's past, such as brick archways and old exposed walls in some of the guest rooms. But don't let its old-world setting fool you. The Billini Hotel has plenty of modern amenities, too. To start, all 24 suites include perks like flat-screen smart TVs, coffee makers and complimentary wireless internet access. Recent travelers especially appreciated the hotel's old-meets-new vibe and its attentive staff, though some felt the complimentary daily breakfast lacked options. Outside of your cozy digs, you'll find features like a spa, three restaurants, a cafe, a wine cellar, a business center and an outdoor pool. Past guests raved about the rooftop pool's vistas, which include a superb view of La Regina Angelorum, one of the first churches established in the New World.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSanto DomingoTripAdvisor (990)Free ParkingRead MoreSituated in the bustling Malecon, the Marriott-affiliated Renaissance Santo Domingo Jaragua Hotel & Casino offers a convenient location for travelers looking to explore Santo Domingo's contemporary neighborhood. Visitors appreciate the updated decor and say the hotel makes for a comfortable stay. Rooms feature plush bedding, Aveda toiletries and, in select accommodations, views of the Caribbean Sea. But with all of the other amenities, you may not need to spend much time in your digs. Travelers say the pool is large, well-maintained and right across the street from the ocean. For a little more pampering, head to the spa. Or, if you're tempted to test Lady Luck, check out the on-site casino. After you work up an appetite, grab a bite at one of the hotel's two restaurants, Luna Bar & Restaurant and Sol Pool Lounge & Restaurant. The property also features a coffee shop with homemade gelato for those with sweet tooths. Recent guests' only complaint was the occasionally lackluster customer service. However, if you're a Marriott Bonvoy member, you can earn or use points here.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- View all PhotosSanto DomingoTripAdvisor (974)Free ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreStanding over the cobblestone streets of Santo Domingo's Zona Colonial, this historic hotel occupies the former home of Santo Domingo's founder, Governor Nicolás de Ovando. The building features historical decor like stucco walls and wrought-iron accents. Rooms are spacious with high ceilings, satellite TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi access and minibars. When you're not snoozing or out exploring the city, recent guests recommend seeking respite from the heat by the outdoor pool or enjoy a glass of wine on the lobby bar's Spanish-style patio. The bar also serves lighter fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. For more upscale meals, dine at Restaurante 1502. Overall, past travelers enjoyed their stays here. However, some were less than impressed with the hotel's service, saying that they expected more hospitable staff, especially given the property's pricey room rates.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- Read MoreIf you're looking for something simple and comfortable for your vacation (not to mention affordable), then the Sheraton Santo Domingo Hotel may be the right fit. The hotel's 245 guest rooms are decorated in neutral color palettes and feature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, flat-screen TVs, minibars and ample work space. Outside the rooms, the hotel boasts a well-equipped fitness center, plus a business center and an outdoor pool. But what stands out about this Sheraton property is its location. The hotel is close to the city's historical Zona Colonial, the financial district and the Don Diego cruise terminal. Not only that, but the hotel is situated across the street from the ocean, which means guests can enjoy water views from upgraded accommodations' floor-to-ceiling windows or balconies. In addition to offering a superb location, guests praise the property's top-notch customer service, with many saying that the staff went out of their way to make their stay special. Others rave about the cuisine served at the internationally focused Cafe Casabe Restaurant, the sushi venue and the pool bistro. However, a few visitors did report minor room issues like malfunctioning air-conditioning units and weak water pressure in their showers. Remember, this property is part of the Marriott hotel family, so Marriott Bonvoy members can earn or use points while staying here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- Read MoreWith its ideal location along the Malecón, just a mile southwest of Zona Colonial, this Crowne Plaza outpost makes a great home base for exploring Santo Domingo. Previous guests loved the ocean views from the guest rooms, which also come equipped with coffee makers, minibars, free Wi-Fi access and flat-screen TVs. If you're able to part from your cozy digs, the Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo does offer several ways to enjoy the warm weather, including a pool and whirlpool. Plus, the on-site spa and casino allow you to kick back and unwind. For a more lively atmosphere, head to Level 1 for a cocktail and live nightly music or grab a bite to eat at the pool bar, the lobby's casual Kaffetto's eatery or the American-focused Nabu Restaurant. Though most past visitors enjoyed the property's facilities, some cautioned that the restaurant menus are limited and that the on-site gym and pool are small. But keep in mind, members of the IHG Rewards Club program can earn or redeem points for stays here.4.0-star Hotel ClassFree ParkingFree WiFi
- View all PhotosSanto DomingoTripAdvisor (218)Free BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFiRead MoreSurrounded by the hustle and bustle of Santo Domingo's commercial district, El Embajador provides guests with both an urban atmosphere and prime beach access. Recent visitors described the hotel as beautiful, praising the historical decorative accents like crystal chandeliers in the lobby and classic furnishings in the suites. However, some past guests cited the property's location as better suited for business travelers and couples typing the knot instead of sightseers. Whether you're staying here for work or leisure, you'll have access to facilities like three restaurants (one of which is reserved exclusively for Royal Level guests), two bars, a spa, a business center, a casino and two pools. Plus, all suites come with free Wi-Fi access, smart TVs and iHome clock radios, among other amenities.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree BreakfastFree ParkingFree WiFi
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.