Protect Your Trip »
Protect Your Trip » Search, compare and buy the best travel insurance for the lowest price
- View all PhotosFour Seasons Hotel ChicagoChicago, IL1.3 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
Previous lodgers rave about this North Michigan Avenue hotel's refinement and its unbeatable location. Sitting just steps from Chicago's Magnificent Mile, the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is central to all of the city's best restaurants, shops and nightlife. After you've sufficiently tested the limits of your credit card, retreat to one of the hotel's soundproofed spa treatment rooms to enjoy a relaxing massage or skin renewal treatment. Before you call it a night, previous guests highly recommend sitting down to dinner in the Allium's dining room, where diners are treated to fresh, farm-to-table Midwest cuisine. When it's time to bed down, this Four Seasons hotel's well-appointed accommodations provide a comfortable escape. Previous guests love the elegant decor, which combines contemporary fittings (like flat-screen TVs) with 20th century-inspired design accents and spacious marble bathrooms. Recent visitors recommend splurging on the lake view accommodations, rather than the rooms with the city skyline vistas.
- View all PhotosThompson ChicagoChicago, IL1.4 miles to city center$17 Nightly Resort Fee4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class$17 Nightly Resort Fee
The Thompson Chicago sits in the Near North Side neighborhood, one block back from Chicago's Michigan Avenue near Oak Street Beach and close to many attractions and restaurants. Recent guests loved the location of this Thompson property and all agreed that the decor in the lobby, including the large fireplace with its library feel, strike a nice balance between refined and homey. Past visitors said that everyone from the general manager to the doorman is congenial – and they're especially skilled at remembering names here. The Thompson Chicago's rooms offer a sleek, sophisticated design, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with views of Lake Michigan and The Magnificent Mile, 400-thread-count Sferra linens and bathrooms with rainfall showers. Nico Osteria serves as the hotel's Italian-inspired seafood restaurant, offering dishes like lobster spaghetti and swordfish pancetta, while the Salone Nico keeps up the European feel with an extensive wine list from Greece and Italy, although both dining options can be a bit pricey for some travelers' tastes.
- View all PhotosThe Ritz-Carlton, ChicagoChicago, IL1.2 miles to city center5.0-star Hotel Class5.0-star Hotel Class
The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago is recognized by guests as one of the city's best luxury hotels for its stunning examples of art and architecture. What's more, families appreciate that children are supplied with child-sized bathrobes and complimentary toiletries. Additionally, families can take a dip in the indoor pool or take advantage of the hotel's prime location along The Magnificent Mile. Other amenities include the tasty Torali restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center and wellness classes like rooftop yoga. Guest rooms at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago boast shades of cream, blue and gray and amenities like flat-screen TVs, luxury bedding and marble bathrooms. Previous visitors recommend a room on a higher floor so you can get more enjoyment from the large picture windows. Keep in mind that members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosKimpton Hotel Monaco ChicagoChicago, IL0.4 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel ClassThe Hotel Monaco Chicago lives up to many people's expectations of a Kimpton hotel, boasting bright, funky decor and an excellent location. Looking out over the Chicago River from its seat in the northeast corner of the Loop, this hotel stuns travelers with the Victorian-esque furnishings and bold patterns found throughout the hotel, including in the guest rooms. Accommodations also come with flat-screen televisions, honor bars and yoga mats, while kid- and pet-friendly amenities are available upon request. According to previous guests, fans of the Hotel Monaco style will enjoy a stay in the Chicago version, particularly because of the hotel's excellent customer service. IHG Rewards Club members will be able to get additional perks, like free Wi-Fi access, and can earn and redeem night credits here. But this property has a few unique characteristics worth noting. First, there are in-room spa treatments, and let's not forget the flavorful Midwestern cuisine served at Fisk & Co., which travelers enjoy.
- View all PhotosLoews Chicago HotelChicago, IL0.7 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class
If you're hoping to be within walking distance to some of the Windy City's top attractions, this newer Loews outpost should be at the top of your list, according to recent travelers. The Loews Chicago Hotel impresses guests with its attentive service and enviable location just outside the Loop (less than a mile from Navy Pier), and its cool, contemporary decor. Past visitors particularly loved the rooms, especially the comfy beds and spacious bathrooms. Accommodations are also equipped with Keurig coffee makers, flat-screen TVs, floor-to-ceiling windows and free Wi-Fi access. The other star of the show here: Streeterville Social, which bills itself as one of the city's largest outdoor rooftop terraces. When you're not admiring the skyline views or sipping on cocktails, sample some of the "refined street food" from the rooftop kitchen or challenge your fellow travelers to Jenga (the lounge boasts a custom giant set). For heartier fare, make reservations at ETA Restaurant and Bar, which serves American fare to mixed reviews from recent visitors. Other amenities that stood out to recent guests: the fitness center (and its 75-foot-long indoor lap pool) and the car service program, which drops guests anywhere within a 3-mile radius of the hotel.
- View all PhotosOmni Chicago HotelChicago, IL0.9 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel ClassOne of the Omni Chicago Hotel's main selling points is its location: Smack dab in the middle of The Magnificent Mile, it's surrounded by some of the city's best restaurants and things to do. According to recent visitors, the hotel itself isn't too shabby, either. This Omni property houses 347 guest suites with fully stocked refreshment centers, two flat-screen TVs, wet bars and minifridges (on request). The spacious floor plans and sleeper sofas can make this Chicago hotel a good choice for families and other large groups. But some guests are wary of all the incidental charges, like $67 a day for valet parking and about $10 a day for Internet access in your room. Still, a stay here offers benefits like access to an indoor swimming pool, a rooftop sun deck and a fitness center. Meanwhile, the Omni Chicago caters to its various clientele with amenities like a 24-hour business center and the complimentary Omni Kids Crew program. The property also features the 676 Restaurant & Bar, which serves fresh Midwest American cuisine. But for most guests, the best part about this hotel is its affordable price tag, which is made even sweeter for members of the Omni Select Guest rewards program. Test: The Inn of the Five Grace
- View all PhotosThe Blackstone, Autograph CollectionChicago, IL0.5 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassTravelers have a favorite word for The Blackstone, Autograph Collection: comfortable. With its long history (the hotel dates back to 1910), this South Loop property could easily garner a stuffy atmosphere, but recent guests attest that The Blackstone, Autograph Collection maintains its landmark status while embracing a luxuriously modern ambiance. The hotel offers 335 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, each boasting modern decor, minifridges, coffee makers and, on the upper floors, Lake Michigan and Magnificent Mile vistas. Recent visitors also rave about the hotel's convenient setting across the street from Chicago's Grant Park. On the other hand, travelers were disappointed they had to pay for in-room internet access, and some noted room walls were thin, making it was easy to hear hallway conversations and the passing L train. When it comes to dining, the on-site restaurant, Mercat a la Planxa, serves tapas and Catalan-inspired cocktails. If you want more culinary variety, Michigan Avenue's acclaimed eateries are close by. And keep in mind, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn or cash in points at this Autograph Collection property.
- View all PhotosFairmont Chicago, Millennium ParkChicago, IL0.4 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel ClassThe Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park can be found inside the Loop – close to both Millennium Park (of course) and the Magnificent Mile – in a place that makes it a convenient jumping-off point for sightseeing. A relatively recent revamp brought this AccorHotels property to the forefront of style, with the lobby and guest rooms now boasting contemporary furnishings and decor, like flat-screen HDTVs and marble bathrooms with separate tubs and showers. Although they're fond of this hotel's location and appearance, some guests said the rooms were on the small side and numerous visitors noted inconsistent customer service. Still, a stay here will grant you access to an 11,000-square-foot spa and a small fitness center, though spa treatments can be pricey. And when it comes to dining, the gastropub cuisine served at the in-house restaurant, Columbus Tap, a favorite among guests and locals alike. Members of the Le Club AccorHotels program can enjoy special perks (like free access to the gym) by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosHotel Lincoln, A Joie de Vivre HotelChicago, IL2.4 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Nestled along the southwestern edge of Chicago's Lincoln Park, this Joie de Vivre hotel serves as a convenient home base for visitors to the Windy City looking for just a touch of peace and quiet. Recent guests say the Hotel Lincoln's well-equipped rooms offer a restful night's sleep. Some warn that the standard accommodations are on the smaller side, though. Rooms represent what the hotel calls "classic urban Midwestern charm of Chicago," featuring in-room amenities like HD TVs, iHome docking stations, coffee makers and complimentary Wi-Fi access. Meanwhile, on-site perks include a fitness center and complimentary seasonal bike rentals. Recent visitors commend the Hotel Lincoln's employees as some of the most personable and helpful they've encountered. Plus the property is home to a few restaurants that earn a thumbs-up from guests and locals alike. The Kennison dishes out expertly crafted contemporary American cuisine, while The J. Parker (on the hotel's rooftop) provides panoramic park and lake views along with a smattering of cocktails and lighter bites.
- View all PhotosThe Drake, A Hilton HotelChicago, IL1.3 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassTravelers love the Old World elegance than defines The Drake: think New York's Plaza Hotel done Chicago-style. Once the preferred choice of both Winston Churchill and Princess Diana, this Gold Coast neighborhood outpost knows how to deliver a quality experience. (If you really want to blend in with the posh clientele while you're here, recent guests suggest attending the traditional English tea service in the Palm Court, offered every afternoon.) Unlike its trend-setting neighbors, The Drake boasts a distinctly vintage ambiance with high ceilings, upholstered walls and glittering chandeliers. Though recent guests admitted the hotel could use some remodeling, they also said the property's old-fashioned style is exactly what makes it so charming. And because of its Hilton Hotels ties, guest rooms here include signature Serenity beds and Italian marble bathrooms, as well as modern amenities like flat-screen HD TVs and high-speed internet access (for a fee). Plus, if you're a member of the Hilton Honors program, you can accrue or redeem points here.
- View all PhotosSwissôtel ChicagoChicago, IL0.5 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassOffering impressive views of Navy Pier, The Magnificent Mile and Millennium Park, the Swissôtel Chicago is most popular among recent guests for its unbeatable location. And because it's situated on a quiet stretch of Chicago's East Wacker Drive, guests say the hotel allows travelers to get close to the downtown bustle without the added city noise. The only common gripe is this Swissôtel's expensive parking fees, which some guests were able to avoid by parking in a public lot a few blocks away. Still, travelers who have stayed here are willing to put up with parking woes, saying that the property is top-notch and the staff is quite accommodating. Plus, members of Le Club AccorHotels, the brand's loyalty program, can pay for rooms with accrued points. Along with its convenient position amid the downtown cityscape, Swissôtel also boasts spacious rooms with marble bathrooms, LCD TVs, iPod docking stations and in, some rooms, Lake Michigan and Navy Pier vistas. Among its other amenities are a fitness center and a spacious event center; the hotel also houses three restaurants – Geneva Restaurant, The Palm Restaurant and Amuse – all of which garner consistent praise from travelers.
- View all PhotosHyatt Regency McCormick PlaceChicago, IL2 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
This Chi-town Hyatt is convenient to the convention center, making it a great spot for business travelers – especially since you can access the convention center via sky bridge. But leisure travelers say that it's a bit far removed from some of the city's top to-dos. Still, this South Loop outpost offers most of the usual amenities of a Hyatt brand hotel, including a fitness center, a business center and an indoor pool. And according to many previous visitors, you'll find room rates here to be a bargain compared to more central hotels. If you'd like to feel a little bit closer to the downtown action, recent guests recommend booking a room on one of the upper floors for a better view of the Chicago skyline. No matter which room you stay in, you'll find it dressed in relatively simple decor and boasting an iHome stereo system, a 37-inch flat-panel TV, plenty of work space and high-speed Internet access. Though you'll be a bit removed from Chicago's dining scene, you'll find plenty to eat at the hotel, such as steak at Shor and pasta at Forno. What's more, members of the Hyatt Gold Passport program can accrue or redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosIVY Boutique HotelChicago, IL0.8 miles to city center4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel Class
You'll find the IVY Boutique Hotel a block removed from one of the top sites in Chicago, The Magnificent Mile, which is just one reason recent guests suggest bedding down here. As you enter the property, you're greeted with a sultry vibe in the hotel's calculated color scheme of onyx, cream and deep violet – decor that carries over into its 63 rooms. Accommodations are outfitted with 400-thread-count linens, flat-screen TVs, private bars and marble bathrooms with either rainfall showers or sea salt tubs. When hunger sets in, you can choose to order room service, head to the DiVine Lounge or the rooftop IVY Sky Terrace (open seasonally) for a meal and drinks, though some say the menu offerings are pricey. If you'd rather explore the city for a bite, recent visitors say staff members are more than happy to offer recommendations.
- View all PhotosW Chicago - LakeshoreChicago, IL1 mile to city center4.5-star Hotel Class4.5-star Hotel ClassOverlooking Lake Michigan (as you might've guessed from its name), this W hotel offers guests a trendy Chicago home base just minutes from some of the city's top attractions. Popular hotel features include the Bliss Spa on the eighth floor, as well as CURRENT restaurant, which serves seasonal modern Italian cuisine. Meanwhile, the accommodations feature decor with bright pops of color here and there, as well as LCD flat-screen TVs, minifridges, high-speed Internet access and amenities for your pet, should you require them. Guests say they enjoy the W Chicago - Lakeshore's waterfront location, but some found difficulty with an at-times too-cool staff and were disappointed with charges for in-room Wi-Fi. And because this hotel is part of the Marriott hotel family, Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points here.
- View all PhotosHilton ChicagoChicago, IL0.6 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassThe Hilton Chicago has an interesting history: The 1968 Democratic Convention riots took place at its front door, and the presidential suite has hosted a plethora of U.S. presidents. Yet despite its relevance in American history, the Hilton Chicago fails to impress some of its visitors. Recent guests say this property is a bit of a letdown compared to other Hilton outposts, citing subpar service and tired guest room decor. Still, the spacious accommodations — many of which have two bathrooms and all of which house flat-screen TVs, Wi-Fi access (for a fee) and touch-panel concierge services – are popular with recent guests. The Hilton Chicago also features an indoor pool and easy access to the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium and Grant Park, not to mention a business center and ample meeting space. And whether you're here on business or for pleasure, many visitors recommend the 720 South Bar & Grill as a good spot to grab a meal and drinks after a long day. Members of the Hilton Honors program can accrue or redeem points here.
- View all PhotosSheraton Grand ChicagoChicago, IL0.6 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel ClassStanding right behind the River Esplanade Park, the Sheraton Grand Chicago is within walking distance of Navy Pier, making this hotel a popular home base for families. And despite its location, this Sheraton is described by many recent visitors as quieter than most Chicago hotels. The Sheraton Grand Chicago's amenities are pretty standard – guest rooms come with the brand's signature Sweet Sleeper Beds, flat-screen TVs and high-speed Internet access (for a fee). Visitors are invited to take advantage of the hotel's other amenities, which include an indoor pool (with views of Lake Michigan), a business center and a fitness room. The Sheraton Grand Chicago is also home to several restaurants: Try Shula's Steak House for fancier plates and Chicago Burger Company for more casual fare. What's more, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can accumulate or redeem points here.
- View all PhotosAmbassador ChicagoChicago, IL1.7 miles to city center4.0-star Hotel Class4.0-star Hotel Class
Ambassador Chicago occupies a historic building in the Gold Coast neighborhood of the city, but don't expect the Old World ambiance that often comes with older hotels. Rather than feature tinkling chandeliers and heavy tapestries, the lobby at this Preferred outpost feels crisp with all-white decor and simple, elegant furniture. Meanwhile, rooms offer 300-thread-count Frette linens, complimentary Wi-Fi access and minibars in addition to a sleek, modern design. Some of Chicago's top attractions (such as The Magnificent Mile and the Lincoln Park Zoo) are located within walking distance, and recent guests say they prefer this boutique property to the larger chain hotels throughout the city. Perhaps an even bigger draw than the eclectic design is the Booth One restaurant, a favorite celebrity watering hole. For this restaurant, James Beard Award-winner Jean-Georges Vongerichten created a menu full of regional flavors based on farm-to-table cuisine.
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.