- Read MorePrevious lodgers rave about this North Michigan Avenue hotel's refinement and unbeatable location. Sitting just steps from Chicago's Magnificent Mile, the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is central to all of the city's best restaurants, shops and nightlife. After you've sufficiently tested the limits of your credit card, retreat to one of the hotel's soundproofed spa treatment rooms to enjoy a relaxing massage or skin renewal treatment. Before you call it a night, previous guests highly recommend sitting down to dinner in the Allium's dining room, where diners are treated to fresh, farm-to-table Midwest cuisine. When it's time to bed down, this Four Seasons hotel's well-appointed accommodations provide a comfortable escape. Previous guests love the elegant decor, which combines contemporary fittings (like flat-screen TVs and iHome stereos) with 20th century-inspired design accents and spacious marble bathrooms. Recent visitors recommend splurging on the lake view accomodations, rather than the rooms with the city skyline vistas.5.0-star Hotel Class
- View all PhotosOrlando, FLTripAdvisor (2346)Read MoreThe first Four Seasons property to open at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, this resort – which sits about 5 miles southeast of the Magic Kingdom – aims to fill the park's luxury lodging void. And judging by its amenities, the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort appears to be succeeding. With its own 18-hole golf course, 13,000-square-foot spa and rooftop steakhouse, the Four Seasons Resort Orlando is well-suited for travelers who want easy access to the theme parks without the over-the-top kitsch associated with Disney-owned properties. That's not to say that the resort doesn't cater to little ones: The hotel also boasts a 242-foot-long waterslide, an 11,008-square-foot lazy river and the complimentary Kids For All Seasons kids camp. Plus, the Four Seasons Resort Orlando offers its own Disney character breakfasts, complimentary park shuttle service and a Disney Planning Center – a separate concierge desk designed for mapping out your park itinerary and purchasing tickets. Aside from its amenities, this Four Seasons excels in its accommodations, according to recent guests. Rooms are outfitted with large soaking tubs, flat-screen TVs, contemporary decor and complimentary Wi-Fi access. Recent travelers also appreciated the customer service team here, but were not as pleased with the pricey nightly rates.
- Read MoreHome to tennis courts, a spa and two championship golf courses, this massive resort features just about everything you could need for an exciting Colorado Springs vacation. Located on the southwestern edge of town, The Broadmoor earns praise from travelers for its large rooms, which are outfitted in classic, Old World-style decor. Recent guests also had high praise for the friendly and accommodating staff. If you have kids in tow, let them burn off some energy on the waterslides or participate in special activities through the children' program. When it's time for dinner, sit down at one of the multiple on-site eateries. The cuisine at La Taverne was a big a hit for recent guests, as were drinks at the Pool Café: Visitors loved sipping their cocktails poolside while enjoying views of the Rockies and Cheyenne Lake. Keep in mind that those guests who participate in the I Prefer Rewards Program can earn and redeem points by choosing to stay here.5.0-star Hotel Class
- Read MoreThe Ritz-Carlton, Chicago is recognized by guests as one of the city's best luxury hotels for families. Children are not only supplied with child-sized bathrobes and complimentary toiletries, but can also take part in select treatments at the spa alongside their parents. Additionally, families can take a dip in the indoor pool or take advantage of the hotel's primo location along The Magnificent Mile. Other amenities include the tasty Torali restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center and wellness classes like rooftop yoga and Pilates. Guest rooms at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago boast shades of cream, blue and gray and amenities like flat-screen TVs, luxury bedding and marble bathrooms. Previous visitors recommend a room on a higher floor so you can get more enjoyment from the large picture windows. Keep in mind that members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can earn and redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- View all PhotosCary, NC7.9 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (952)Free ParkingRead MoreSitting just off Interstate 40 about 9 miles northwest of Raleigh, North Carolina, The Umstead Hotel and Spa strives to provide guests with a sense of tranquility. The hotel's designers had a keen eye for detail: The Umstead's ornamentations are reflective of its natural surroundings, with plants and statues of animals adorning the lobby and other common areas. Guest rooms also feature muted green tones. Accommodations are equipped with Keurig coffee makers, free Wi-Fi access and beds with pillow-top mattresses. Travelers rave about The Umstead's appearance as well as its services and amenities, including the soothing treatments at the Umstead Spa, the seasonal outdoor pool and the AAA Five Diamond Award-winning Herons restaurant. But above all, guests credit the hotel employees for their positive experience; many note that the concierge and front desk staff make a point to learn your name. Though self-parking at this hotel is fee, you'll need a car to access the region's other major attractions.Free Parking
- Read MoreOne of the most celebrated hotels in all of Tennessee, Blackberry Farm has mastered Southern hospitality and impresses couples, groups and families alike. A working farm, Blackberry earns plenty of praise for its fresh cuisine and expansive wine list at the on-site dining venues, The Barn and The Dogwood. Recent guests are also bowled over with the considerate front desk staff, and the renovated spa is a standout thanks to its relaxing treatments. Accommodations range from historic rooms to multi-bedroom houses. Book a spot in one of the Hill Cottages to be treated to some indoor-outdoor fireplaces and vaulted ceilings. And because Blackberry Farm is a member of the Relais & Châteaux brand, Club 5C members can enjoy free perks by choosing to bed down here. You'll find this hotel in Walland, Tennessee, within view of the majestic Smoky Mountains and about 200 miles east of Nashville and 30 miles south of Knoxville.Free BreakfastFree Parking
- Read MoreWith an upscale casino reminiscent of those found in Monaco, the Bellagio Resort & Casino is a favorite home base for high rollers. The Chihuly glass-decorated lobby is a sight in and of itself and the more than 15 dining options provide visitors with ample places to grab a bite. Guest rooms feature understated design touches inspired by Italy's Lake Como, as well as luxurious perks like marble foyers and automatic curtain controls. Bear in mind that this MGM Resorts property is big, so you will be doing a lot of walking. But when you need a breather, stop in at the Bellagio Spa for a massage, a soothing soak or a seaweed wrap, or chill out by one of the pools. Also be sure to make some time for the spectacular Fountains of Bellagio show. You'll find the Bellagio in the middle of the Strip, across the street from Paris Las Vegas. Keep in mind, the Bellagio Tower Suites are part of the Leading Hotels of the World, so Leaders Club members can earn extra perks here.
- Read MoreThis rustic lodge set on the shore of Lake Placid in the Adirondacks is stunning inside and out, according to recent guests. Typical of most Relais & Châteaux properties, accommodations are exquisitely designed with rustic objets d'art, custom-made beds crafted from tree limbs and the occasional private balcony overlooking the waterfront. And then there are the hotel's romantic cabins, which offer couples a more secluded (but still lavish) retreat. Travelers love dining at Artisans Restaurant and Maggie's Pub but are split on service. Some said the hotel staff members go above and beyond to provide first-rate service, while others encountered slow dinner service and less-than-impressive wait staff during recent stays. Keep in mind that if you frequent Relais & Châteaux and are part of the hotel's exclusive Club 5C, you are eligible to receive extra perks, such as complimentary room upgrades, for choosing to stay here.5.0-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- Read MoreAs is the norm with Ritz-Carlton properties, The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes pleases guests with its well-appointed rooms and fantastic customer service. Each of its 582 guest rooms and suites feature private balconies, marble bathrooms (with two sinks) and LCD flat-screen TVs. This immense property also boasts an 18-hole golf course, two pools and access to a massive lazy river at the neighboring JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes (the two resorts share grounds and activities). Craving more quiet relaxation than the kid-congested river can offer? Head to The Ritz's 40,000-square-foot spa, which boasts 40 treatment rooms and citrus-inspired treatments. And when it's time to refuel, The Ritz-Carlton Orlando features a plethora of on-site dining options, offering everything from casual alfresco eats to formal dining restaurants. If you're having trouble booking a room at the ultra-exclusive, ultra-expensive Ritz, consider giving the JW Marriott a try. Keep in mind that this hotel participates in the Marriott Bonvoy program, so members can earn and use points by staying here.
- Read MoreThe Thompson Chicago sits in the Near North Side neighborhood, one block back from Chicago's Michigan Avenue near Oak Street Beach and close to many attractions and restaurants. Recent guests loved the location of this Thompson property and all agree the decor in the lobby, including the large fireplace with its library feel, strike a nice balance between refined and homey. Past visitors said that everyone from the general manager to the doorman is congenial – and they're especially skilled at remembering names here. The Thompson Chicago's rooms offer a sleek, sophisticated design, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with views of Lake Michigan and The Magnificent Mile, 400-thread-count Sferra linens and bathrooms with rainfall showers. Additional conveniences include the two dining options that are popular with guests as well as locals. Nico Osteria is an Italian-inspired seafood restaurant, serving dishes like lobster spaghetti and swordfish pancetta, while the Salone Nico keeps up the European feel with an extensive wine list from Greece and Italy, although both dining options can be a bit pricey for some travelers' tastes.4.5-star Hotel Class
- Read MoreOverlooking Little Teedyuskung Lake in northeast Pennsylvania, the spa at The Lodge at Woodloch has been exalted as one of the world's best. And guests praise The Lodge for its cozy accommodations (most are equipped with private verandas, oversized showers and marble baths). Recent visitors can't stop raving about the warm, welcoming staff as well as the wide array of on-site activities, which include everything from yoga and tai chi to cooking demonstrations and art classes. And then there's the spa: This oasis provides pure relaxation. Indulgent travelers soak up in the Aqua Garden and then lounge on the rocking chairs that speckle the nearby terraces. And if you'd rather clear your head on the greens, the Country Club at Woodloch Springs is the spot for you. After a long day of hitting the links, savor tasty culinary delights at TREE, the Lodge at Woodloch's organic-oriented dining venue.
- View all PhotosChicago, IL0.5 miles to city centerTripAdvisor (2422)Read More
Travelers have a favorite word for The Blackstone, Autograph Collection: comfortable. With its long history (the hotel dates back to 1910), this South Loop property could easily garner a stuffy atmosphere, but recent guests attest the Renaissance Blackstone maintains its landmark status while embracing a luxuriously modern ambiance. The hotel offers 332 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, each boasting modern decor, minifridges, coffee makers and, on the upper floors, Lake Michigan and Magnificent Mile vistas. Recent visitors also rave about the hotel's convenient setting across the street from Chicago's Grant Park. On the other hand, travelers were disappointed they had to pay for in-room Internet access, and some noted room walls were thin so it was easy to hear hallway conversations and the passing "L" train. When it comes to dining, the on-site restaurant, Mercat a la Planxa, serves tapas and Catalan-inspired cocktails. If you want more culinary variety, Michigan Avenue's acclaimed eateries are close by. And keep in mind, members of the Marriott Bonvoy program can can earn or cash in points at this Autograph Collection property.
- Read MoreLocated along the South Shore in Lake Tahoe, about 60 miles south of Reno, Nevada, the Landing Resort & Spa is a 77-room lakefront hotel. Guest rooms here boast heated bathroom floors, flat-screen TVs and fireplaces. The resort's location makes for a good spot for travelers craving outdoor pursuits, including skiing, snowmobiling, swimming at the nearby beach, fishing and golfing. Plus, the hotel puts guests within easy reach of Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course, South Tahoe's casinos and Heavenly Mountain Resort, a popular ski resort. Recent visitors praise the hotel's lakeside location and the California cuisine served on-site at Jimmy's Restaurant. Other on-site features include a spa, an outdoor pool and hot tub, a 2,000 wine vault. Overall, the Landing Resort & Spa makes for an upscale home base for those looking to enjoy the many outdoor activities in Lake Tahoe, though some guests lamented the $25 daily resort fee tacked onto their final bill.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- Read MoreIf you want a relaxing getaway by excellent golf courses, consider this Ritz-Carlton in Greensboro, Georgia. The property is convenient to five golf courses, all of which were designed by renowned architects Rees Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Bob Cupp and Tom Fazio. While you play, you'll be treated to some spectacular views of the nearby Lake Oconee. But enough about golf: The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee can also brag about its gorgeous guest rooms, suites and cottages, all outfitted cushy feather beds, marble trim bathrooms and stately wood furniture. During your stay here, you'll have your choice of five restaurants – including the extra delicious fare served at the Linger Longer Steakhouse. And of course there's a massive spa, which offers loads of treatments in addition to a traditional barbershop and nail treatment room. But though they have plenty of good things to say about the facilities at The Ritz-Carlton, travelers insist that it was the hotel's fantastic customer service that made their stays truly memorable. You'll find Greensboro about 84 miles east of Atlanta. Keep in mind that Marriott Bonvoy members can earn and use points by staying here.4.5-star Hotel ClassFree Parking
- Read MoreOpen since 1887, this Mackinac Island mainstay boasts the world's longest front porch. Another claim to fame is the Grand Hotel's guest book: Past visitors include everyone from Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin to American author Mark Twain. Recent guests give the hotel high praise, complimenting everything from the meals in the Main Dining Room to the views from the front porch. Rooms are equipped with free Wi-Fi, cable TV and a coffee maker, among other amenities. As for things to do, the long list of activities includes golfing, biking, tennis and lawn games. You'll find Grand Hotel situated on Mackinac Island between Michigan's Upper and Lower peninsulas. Some guests warn that though the Mackinac Island setting is idyllic, it's also expensive. If you choose to stay here, prepare to splurge. Also, keep in mind that the hotel is only open from the spring through the fall.
- Read MoreDisney's Animal Kingdom Lodge in Orlando, Florida, is one of the more unique Walt Disney World properties. No, it's not the lobby's thatched roof and the chandeliers made out of warrior shield reproductions – although the decor is worth noting – it's the four savannas right outside your door. The resort is set up in a kraal design (a semi-circular shape that's common in Africa) with balconies overlooking wild grasslands, making it all the better for you to see the ostriches, giraffes and zebras that roam the grounds. Guest rooms are pretty standard. Aside from decorative touches like carved wood furnishings and fabrics inspired by Kente cloth, you'll find all the usual makings of a high-end hotel, including complimentary Wi-Fi access, floor-to-ceiling windows and coffee makers. Meanwhile, the downstairs Boma - Flavors of Africa restaurant is highly regarded for its creative cuisine. And when you're not enjoying the park, previous guests recommend making use of the on-site pools and playground. As its name suggests, you can find this Disney-affiliated resort in the Animal Kingdom area of Walt Disney World.Free Parking
- Read MoreFirst opening its doors in 1893, The Pfister in downtown Milwaukee maintains its Gilded Age glamour, sporting period decor and Victorian artwork. However, that doesn't mean this hotel is stuck in the past. The Pfister's 307 guest rooms, though vintage in appearance, offer contemporary amenities such as LCD flat-panel TVs and wireless internet access (for a fee). Visitors praise the hotel's luxurious facilities, which include the WELL Spa + Salon, as well as the delectable Mason Street Grill and swanky Blu lounge. Many diners highly recommend sitting down for Sunday brunch at The Rouge dining room. Though a few recent guests mentioned they had issues controlling the room temperature, most agreed the staff gives everyone the star treatment while here. Guests also recommend making time to meet The Pfister's Artist-in-Residence; through this residency program, the hotel sponsors up-and-coming artists who, in turn, work right on the premises.
- Read MoreDisney's Yacht Club Resort is Disney Beach Club Resort's ritzier sister property; the two share a stretch of land along the shores of the lake near Walt Disney World. The stylish Yacht Club Resort echoes the upscale feel of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, complete with dark wood accents and leather furniture; meanwhile, rooms have white furnishings and touches of gold and marble. Accommodations here also feature complimentary Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs and minifridges. This Disney outpost definitely has a more adult vibe than the neighboring Beach Club, but children should feel welcome thanks to the kid-friendly pool, an on-site arcade and the nearby Fantasia mini-golf course. On-site restaurants, particularly the Yachtsman Steakhouse, come highly recommended by previous visitors, though some suggest making early reservations to ensure you get a table. Aside from the amenities, it is the Yacht Club's convenient location that has many recent guests gushing. You can either walk or take a boat to Epcot. All of these amenities and services, however, come at a price some guests felt is too high.
- Read MoreThe JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes is a comfortable, reasonably priced option that's about 8 miles northeast of Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Recent lodgers describe this JW Marriott property as a good hotel for both business travelers and families (and even better, business travelers who happen to be traveling with their families). Many of the rooms have balconies, but past guests suggest asking for a room that faces the lake for the most scenic views. No matter which room you end up in, you'll find it outfitted with a coffee maker, a 65-inch flat-screen TV and wireless internet (which is covered by the property's daily $35 resort fee). Together, the JW Marriott Orlando's ballrooms alone account for nearly 80,000 square feet of meeting space, and there are also a few places on the grounds that can host business functions and special events. And what is any Orlando hotel without a stellar pool? The JW Marriott Orlando boasts a massive heated lazy river that's surrounded by palm trees. Or, guests can take a dip in the adjacent Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes' pool, as the two properties share many amenities with each other. What's more, Marriott Bonvoy members may earn and redeem points by choosing to stay here.
- Read MoreOverlooking Lake Placid's main street from a hilltop perch, the Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa has been an Adirondack mainstay since 1883. The resort is filled with exposed wooden beams and cozy fireplaces reminiscent of the lodges of yesteryear, but Mirror Lake is still catching up to the times. Accommodations are outfitted with wooden furniture, vaulted ceilings and expansive windows that offer views of Mirror Lake and the surrounding mountains – and recent visitors say the panoramas are stunning. However, those looking to stay connected to the world bemoaned having to pay extra for Wi-Fi access. When it's time for some R&R outside your digs, head to the spa for a massage or body scrub, or take a dip in the hot tub. Aside from its location and ample on-site amenities, travelers also praise the delectable culinary offerings available at The View, Taste Bistro & Bar and The Cottage.
- Read MoreOwned by the neighboring Rollins College, The Alfond Inn offers modern accommodations about 20 miles northeast of Orlando's major theme parks. The boutique hotel boasts an art collection, a large sunk-in pool and more than 10,000 square feet of meeting space. Recent guests loved the location close to restaurants and attractions in artsy Winter Park, and said the staff was friendly and helpful. Guests also say the clean rooms don't disappoint. The guest rooms are decorated with homey touches like coffee makers and minifridges, and the marble bathrooms feature glass-enclosed showers. The hotel is also a popular choice for weddings and business conferences because of its unique indoor and outdoor venues, like the glass ceiling conservatory overlooking the enclosed courtyard and verdant gardens. Plus, this property is a member of the Preferred LVX hotel family, meaning members of the iPrefer loyalty program can earn or redeem points here.
- Read MoreLocated near Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, Disney's Wilderness Lodge has an ambiance that's reminiscent of the North America's national parks. The lobby is built with pine and stone, and just outside the front door are acres of trees, never mind a man-made geyser. Recent travelers marvel at the lobby's towering fireplace and love the Wilderness Lodge's secluded feel. What's more, they lauded the complimentary bus and water taxi services to Disney theme parks. The Wilderness Lodge's rustic rooms are popular with families, though there is no longer a kids club at this hotel, and the Artist Point restaurant's Pacific Northwest seafood and sirloin make the eatery one of the park's more popular dinner options. And while staying at this Disney-affiliated property, travelers have access to a variety of outdoor facilities, including a pool and jogging trails.
- Read MoreThe Hotel Monaco Chicago lives up to many people's expectations of a Kimpton hotel, boasting bright, funky decor and an excellent location. Looking out over the Chicago River from its seat in the northeast corner of the Loop, this hotel stuns travelers with the Victorian-esque furnishings and bold patterns found throughout the hotel, including in the guest rooms. Accommodations also come with LCD televisions, honor bars and yoga mats, while kid- and pet-friendly amenities are available upon request. According to previous guests, fans of the Hotel Monaco style will enjoy a stay in the Chicago version, particularly because of the hotel's excellent customer service. IHG Rewards Club members will be able to get additional perks, like free Wi-Fi access, and can earn and redeem night credits here. But this property has a few unique characteristics worth noting. First, there are the in-room spa treatments. And let's not forget the flavorful Midwestern cuisine served at Fisk & Co., which travelers enjoy.
- Read More
This Ritz property receives rave reviews among recent guests for its locale adjacent to the Tower City mall and its 206 luxury accommodations with sleek flat-screen TVs, marble bathrooms, fully stocked minibars, complimentary morning newspapers and picturesque views of Cuyahoga River, Lake Erie or downtown Cleveland. The property is fresh off a 2017 renovation – and travelers love the updated interiors, fitness center and restaurant. And thanks to the Ritz-Carlton's Marriott ties, you can receive extra perks by choosing to bed down here if you take part in the Marriott Bonvoy program. This Ritz's location is ideal for city exploration: You'll find it just down the road from two stadiums – the Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field. When dinnertime rolls around, indulge in tasty American cuisine at TURN Bar + Kitchen. Most recent visitors report a pleasant experience all around and say the staff members are friendly and helpful. However, guests warn a stay here doesn't come cheap.
- Read MorePerched on the edge of Walt Disney World just off of I-4, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress has a great atmosphere for families and couples interested in hitting up the area's theme parks. The picturesque lobby is filled with foliage and houses two of the resort's lounge areas, making it a nice environment for an afternoon snack or an evening drink. For something a little more filling, try one of the property's dining options: Hemingway's serves dishes infused with Spanish and Cuban flavors. The resort also has a sushi bar and a lounge with tapas and specialty cocktails. Recent travelers rave about this Orlando resort's impeccable service and seemingly endless list of activities and amenities. On-site activities include racquetball, tennis, swimming and golf, as well as the Camp Hyatt kids program and babysitting services. Meanwhile, guest rooms at this Hyatt hotel earn praise for their bright decor and features like balconies, high-speed internet access and flat-screen TVs. And remember, if you're a member of Hyatt's loyalty program, you can earn or use points here for additional perks.
When purchasing from our site, we may earn commissions. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.