Find the Best Price
at the South Congress Hotel
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
This boutique Austin hotel boasts a blend of industrial and rustic interiors. Think: wooden floors, mismatched furniture, steel accents and a color scheme of rich brown, dark charcoal, smooth cream and crisp white. Inside the rooms, you'll find hardwood floors, custom furniture, free Wi-Fi access, LED TVs and minibars. The decor was a plus for some travelers and a negative for others, who said they weren't fans of the darker interiors and insufficient lighting. (However, all guests agreed that the hotel staff went above and beyond.) Accommodations offer views of either the interior courtyard, the surrounding neighborhood, the pool or South Congress Avenue. If you upgrade to a suite, you'll enjoy a furnished balcony. You can also schedule an in-room spa treatment or head to tenoverten nail salon for a manicure and pedicure. South Congress Hotel is also home to a rooftop pool (with cushioned lounge chairs), a juice and coffee bar, a 24-hour gym and three eateries. Café No Sé serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch; Central Standard dishes out classic American fare like burgers, steak and seafood; and Otoko is the exclusive 12-seat sushi and kaiseki bar (spots to dine here must be reserved well in advance).
- Austin, TX
- Hotel Class
- Property Type
- Boutique hotel, 83 rooms
- Primary View
- City center, Neighborhood
- Best For
- Business travelers, Couples, Solo travelers
- 4.0Hotel Class
- GOODCritic Rating
Similar Hotels NearbySee all hotels in Austin »
In addition to regular cable, the hotel also offers Apple TV, Chromecast and the streaming capabilities of over 40 movies curated by Alamo Drafthouse's distribution company.
The real action is in the common spaces, though, which include three restaurants – the ultra-exclusive Otoko, classic American restaurant Central Standard, and the more casual Café No Sé – plus local shops like Sunroom and Revival Cycles, and cult New York import nail salon Tenoverten.
Behind its sleek white facade, you'll find 83 rugged-minimalist rooms furnished with midcentury modern pieces and materials inspired by the Texas terrain (think denim, leather, and unfinished wood).
Its proximity to popular bars and restaurants, as well as the hip, sophisticated vibe largely with couples, though business travelers and families can also be spotted. Modern, minimalist rooms have sleek bathrooms, LED TVs, free Wi-Fi, and minibars.
The trendy boutique hotel sits on popular South Congress Avenue. Several restaurants and shops are located nearby.
A hotel's guest rating is calculated using data provided under license by TripAdvisor. A total of 364 have reviewed the South Congress Hotel, giving it a rating of 4.5, on a scale of 1-5.
TripAdvisor Travel Rating:TripAdvisor Travel Rating: 4.5 (based on 364 reviews)
- TAG Approved LGBT hotel
- Free Wi-Fi provided
- Some suites come with deep soaking tubs, multiple TVs and bunk beds
Standard room size: 285 square feet
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless internet
- Free internet
- Fee for internet usage
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
Location & Parking
- Electric car charging stations available on-site
- Personal shopping services at property's boutique can be provided for a fee
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is 10 miles southeast
- 24-hour valet parking ($32)
- 24-hour self-parking
- Airport shuttle
- Car service (free)
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Movie theater
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Room service available every day during Café No Sé's restaurant hours
- Lobby Bar offers weekday happy hour specials
- Hotel has an artisanal ice cream truck in its courtyard
Number of restaurants: 3
Cuisine Types: Asian, American
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- free breakfast
- Concierge can arrange kayak rentals for exploring the area's waterways
- Kids Club
- Free Kids Club
- Fee for Kids Club
- High Chairs
- Fitness center open 24 hours a day
- Bike and motorcycle rentals are available
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Property's BMW offers complimentary transfers within a 3-mile radius
- Catering, shipping, printing and messenger services available
Number of meeting rooms: 1
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
Editor’s note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know.
Find the Best Price
at the South Congress Hotel
When purchasing from our site, we may earn commissions. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.