Protect Your Trip »
Protect Your Trip » Search, compare and buy the best travel insurance for the lowest price
Find the Best Price
at the The Peninsula New York
Navigate forward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Navigate backward to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
- New York, NY
- Hotel Class
- Property Type
- Hotel, 235 rooms
- Primary View
- City center, Neighborhood
- Traditional, Opulent, Modern, Historic
- 5.0Hotel Class
- GREATCritic Rating
U.S. News analyzed more than 30,000 hotels to find the best in the USA, Europe, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean, based on reputation among travel experts, guest reviews and hotel class ratings.
Similar Hotels NearbySee all hotels in New York City »
The 23-story Beaux Arts–style Peninsula on Fifth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan is one of the greats. Its facade has limestone carvings, a copper cornice, and Doric columns.
The 239-room Peninsula has small TVs in the standard rooms, but the indoor pool, superb gym (free workout gear, organic teas, and a sauna and steam room), widely praised spa and salon, and in-room fax machines make it a fine choice for a quiet, classically luxurious hotel.
Of the same vintage as the neighboring St. Regis (both hotels were built between 1904 and 1905), the Peninsula has retained its decorative Beaux-Arts facade – but inside, old-world grandeur meets streamlined modernity.
The hotel's unique Peninsula Academy takes personalized service to new heights, creating planned cultural activities based on guest preferences (if you'd like a Fifth Avenue walking tour or private breakfast at Van Cleef & Arpels, just ask).
One of the main reasons to stay at The Peninsula New York is the deluxe amenities. Rooms come outfitted with a fully stocked desk, which is easy and convenient if you are in town on business.
A hotel's guest rating is calculated using data provided under license by Tripadvisor. A total of 1376 have reviewed the The Peninsula New York, giving it a rating of 4.5, on a scale of 1-5.
Tripadvisor Travel Rating:Tripadvisor Travel Rating: 4.5 (based on 1376 reviews)
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Suites come with up to three hours per day of chauffeured MINI Cooper car service (subject to availability)
Standard room size: 370 square feet
- Premium channels
- Shower/tub combo
- Separate shower
- Separate tub
- Wireless internet
- Free internet
- Fee for internet usage
- Guest rooms with patios and balconies
- Adjoining rooms available
Location & Parking
- LaGuardia Airport is 7 miles northeast; John F. Kennedy International Airport is 16 miles southeast
- 24-hour valet parking ($65 to $80)
- 24-hour self-parking
- Airport shuttle (with fee)
- Car service (free)
Within walking distance of:
- Bus stop
- Movie theater
- Train station
- Subway/metro stop
- Grocery store
- Rooftop bar, Salon de Ning, offers stunning city views and is open year-round
Number of restaurants: 3
Cuisine Types: Asian, American
- Fine dining
- Casual dining
- Quick service cafe/coffee shop/marketplace
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- free breakfast
- Complimentary aqua aerobics classes at pool
- Kids must be accompanied by a parent when using pool
- Lap pool
- Wading pool
- Lazy river
- Family pool
- Infinity pool
- Whirlpool/hot tub
- Adults-only pool
- Lifeguard on duty
- Poolside service
- Deck chairs or cabanas
- Pool bar
- Full line of hair and makeup at VU Hair Salon
- In-room services
- Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Body Treatments (i.e. scrubs, wraps)
- Salon services
- Outdoor treatment area
- Steam room
- PlayStation and other games for in-room use
- Welcome gifts include the hotel's Peter Bear mascot
- Kids Club
- Free Kids Club
- Fee for Kids Club
- High Chairs
- Fitness center open 24 hours a day
- Hot tub, steam room and sauna
- Weight equipment
- Cardio equipment
- Yoga mats
- Free fitness classes
- Premium fitness classes (with fee)
- Business center open 24 hours a day
- Property has professional meeting planners
Number of meeting rooms: 5
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Meeting and event planners available
- Only one wedding per day allows for exclusivity and personal attention
- Personal bridal shopping with Julie Sabatino, founder of "The Stylish Bride"
Maximum wedding guest capacity: 200
- Hotel hosts weddings
- Outdoor space for weddings
- Wedding planners available
Editor’s note: Hotel information is updated periodically. If this is your property and you notice any inaccuracies, please let us know. If you are interested in obtaining a badge to display on your website or in other media, please contact us.
Find the Best Price
at the The Peninsula New York
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.