What to Eat in Jamaica
Jamaica is known for unique cuisine that fuses flavors and ingredients from different cultures. Seafood is a staple, and no Jamaican vacation is complete without sampling some of the island's fresh produce or main courses enhanced with some zesty jerk seasoning. Where to dine largely depends on where you're staying, but many area restaurants serve traditional dishes like ackee and saltfish, callaloo (a stew-like soup commonly made with okra and spinach) or fried plantains. To try some spicy jerk seasoning, look for the nearest roadside stand and order a jerk chicken skewer or jerk pork with rice and peas.
Although many travelers choose to dine from the all-inclusive options at their hotels, Jamaica has hundreds of restaurants – some of which are worth venturing off the beaten path for. The beachside Blue Mahoe Restaurant in Negril, attached to The Spa Retreat hotel, earns high marks among travelers for its views (especially at sunset) and diverse menu. Scotchies is an affordable restaurant known for its delicious, local fare in Montego Bay. Meanwhile, Miss T's Kitchen in Ocho Rios serves up a colorful experience and a menu of healthy plates.
Find the Best Restaurants in Jamaica
- #1Juici Patties#1 of 9 Places to Eat in St. Ann's BayTripadvisor (60)$ | Jamaican, Fast FoodMain Street, St. Ann's Bay JamaicaRead More »
- #2The Roxborough Restaurant Bar and Grill#2 of 9 Places to Eat in St. Ann's BayTripadvisor (65)$ - $$ | Caribbean, Jamaican, Bar, Seafood, PubRoxborough Beach, St. Ann's Bay JamaicaRead More »
- #3Caribbean Pirates Tavern#3 of 9 Places to Eat in St. Ann's BayTripadvisor (2)Caribbean, Seafood, British, Pub, Eastern European, ArmenianDrax Hall St Ann, St. Ann's Bay JamaicaRead More »
- Roxborough Restaurant Bar& Grill#4 of 9 Places to Eat in St. Ann's BayTripadvisor (2)AGR Byfield Highway, St. Ann's Bay JamaicaRead More »
- Lighthouse Lounge & Grill$ - $$ | Caribbean, JamaicanMain Street Salem Runaway Bay Right across from Sharkies Restaurant, St. Ann's Bay 876 JamaicaRead More »
- Boonununus Sweet Treats$ | Caribbean, JamaicanSt. Ann's Bay JamaicaRead More »
- EXQ's Sports and Restaurant$ - $$ | Caribbean, JamaicanJail Lane Agr Byfield Highway, St. Ann's Bay JamaicaRead More »
- Racoon Lounge & RestaurantCaribbeanA1, St. Ann's Bay JamaicaRead More »
- The Irish Rover PubTripadvisor (9)Irish, PubDrax Hall, St. Ann's Bay JamaicaRead More »
Explore More of Jamaica
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.