What to Eat in Portland, OR
Known as one of the best foodie cities in the country, Portland has a multitude of options – from the high-end to affordable. You won't have to look hard for cheap eats, as the city boasts of hundreds of food carts and trucks (more than 600) throughout the city, many concentrated in "pods" throughout the downtown area. Check out these maps to see where many are located. For a crash course in the city's culinary scene, consider signing up for a food tour; past visitors recommended Forktown Food Tours for its friendly guides and their ability to accommodate a variety of diets. If you can't make a tour, you'll want to stop by the Portland State University farmers market, where more than 200 local vendors set up camp every Saturday on the PSU campus.
More upscale options also abound – like the top-rated Le Pigeon that serves French-inspired food or the modern Spanish gastropub Ataula. Other popular options include Peruvian fare at Andina, Argentinian-inspired cuisine at Ox and classic seafood at Roe. If you're looking for a dose of Pacific Northwest fare, check out Imperial. You'll also want to enjoy a few meals at the city's top Asian eateries. Nong's Khao Man Gai, Departure, Saucebox and Bamboo Sushi, among many, many others. Chefs (and residents) pride themselves on using only fresh, local ingredients, so no matter what price point or type of cuisine you're looking for, you won't go hungry in PDX.
And don't forget the beverages Portland are known for – coffee and beer. Although you can't go wrong with any beans that are locally roasted, Stumptown Coffee Roasters is a popular choice. When it comes to beer, you'll have your choice of dozens of craft breweries within the city. If you have a hard time narrowing down your options, consider a tour, such as BREWVANA Brewery Tours, which comes highly rated among past visitors.
Find the Best Restaurants in Portland, OR
- #1Andina Restaurant#1 of 5,052 Places to Eat in PortlandTripAdvisor (3231)$$ | Peruvian, Latin, Spanish1314 NW Glisan St Ste A, Portland, OR 97209-2717Read More »
- #2Pip's Original#2 of 5,052 Places to Eat in PortlandTripAdvisor (331)$ | American4759 NE Fremont St Ste C, Portland, OR 97213-1767Read More »
- #3Q Restaurant & Bar#3 of 5,052 Places to Eat in PortlandTripAdvisor (487)$ - $$ | American828 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97204-3012Read More »
- #4Mucca Osteria#4 of 5,052 Places to Eat in PortlandTripAdvisor (468)$$ | Italian1022 SW Morrison St, Portland, OR 97205-2626Read More »
- #5Salt & Straw#5 of 5,052 Places to Eat in PortlandTripAdvisor (1020)$ - $$ |838 NW 23rd Ave, Portland, OR 97210-3004Read More »
- #6Mediterranean Exploration Company#6 of 5,052 Places to Eat in PortlandTripAdvisor (288)$ - $$ | Mediterranean, Middle Eastern333 NW 13th Ave, Portland, OR 97209-3144Read More »
- #7Salt & Straw#7 of 5,052 Places to Eat in PortlandTripAdvisor (1730)$ - $$ | American3345 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97202-1456Read More »
- #8Salt & Straw#8 of 5,052 Places to Eat in PortlandTripAdvisor (370)$ | American2035 NE Alberta St, Portland, OR 97211-5847Read More »
- #9Caffe Mingo#9 of 5,052 Places to Eat in PortlandTripAdvisor (223)$ - $$ | Italian807 NW 21st Ave, Portland, OR 97209-1408Read More »
- #10Blossoming Lotus Portland