Best Cheap European Vacations
Travel to Europe can be expensive, but if you avoid tourist hot spots like London and Paris, and get creative, you'll be able to dodge high price tags and snag some deals. U.S. News considered average hotel prices, flight deals, available vacation packages, affordable attractions and overall accessibility – plus user votes – to rank the best destinations in Europe for budget travelers. Help us determine next year's ranking by casting your vote below.
- View 43 PhotosBelongs on List?#1 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
Prices in this former bargain hunter's paradise are swiftly rising. But it's still possible to find travel deals in this European destination, especially if you brave the Czech Republic's winter weather. You can tour most attractions for a small entrance fee, plus good local eats (and cheap drinks) are never hard to find.
- View 20 PhotosBelongs on List?#2 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
Porto is a stunning city on Portugal's northwestern coast. Here, travelers can visit numerous museums, relax on the beach or spend the day sipping wine. To save money, head to the museums on Sundays, when admission is often free.
- View 18 PhotosBelongs on List?
- View 17 PhotosBelongs on List?#4 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
Lying on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea and accessible by high-speed train from Madrid and Barcelona, this colorful Spanish city boasts museums, beaches and quirky festivals. But the real perk is that prices are considerably lower than other destinations in Europe.
- View 51 PhotosBelongs on List?#5 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
Travel to this beautiful destination in central Europe to explore an eclectic mix of neoclassical, baroque and art nouveau architecture. The city overflows with hotels and local eateries that offer travelers an authentic taste of Hungarian life without having to exhaust their credit cards.
- View 45 PhotosBelongs on List?#6 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
Portugal's capital offers everything you would expect from a European trip at a fraction of the cost of flashier cities. You can hang your hat at a top-notch hotel and enjoy mouthwatering meals without cutting corners. Or, spend the day exploring the city's historic neighborhoods.
- View 20 PhotosBelongs on List?#7 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
This destination boasts an array of tours and attractions that cater to all types of visitors. Because affordable hotels and cheap eats abound, you won't feel guilty about staying a few extra days. Or you could spend the extra cash on nightlife, as alcohol here can be expensive.
- View 19 PhotosBelongs on List?#8 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
Easily accessible by train, Brussels makes for an excellent daytrip from cities such as Amsterdam and Paris. Savor Belgian dishes like waffles and chocolate from street vendors instead of touristy restaurants that tend to be overpriced.
- View 40 PhotosBelongs on List?#9 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
This quintessential Italian city doesn't offer as many free attractions as Rome, but average hotel rates hover around $125 per night, making lodging affordable. Save even more by booking a room on the outskirts of town and walking the city's cobblestone streets between attractions.
- View 35 PhotosBelongs on List?
- View 18 PhotosBelongs on List?#11 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
If you book your flight and hotel at least three months in advance, you can make an affordable trip to Russia possible. Once there, the exchange rate to Russian ruble is very favorable, so your dollars will go further on your visit.
- View 63 PhotosBelongs on List?#12 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
Consistently ranked as one of the world's best place to visit, Rome is also one of the most affordable. Most famous attractions like the Trevi Fountain and the Roman Forum are free to explore, and you can save on flights and lodging by skipping the busy summer season.
- View 31 PhotosBelongs on List?
- View 20 PhotosBelongs on List?#15 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
Average hotel prices in Seville barely break $100 per night year-round, giving travelers extra cash to spend on souvenirs at open-air markets. Your wallet (and stomach) will also thank you for sticking to tapas bars.
- View 24 PhotosBelongs on List?#16 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
While Munich's nightlife and biergartens will quickly drain your wallet, the German city has an abundance of budget options to balance out any extravagant nights. Wandering the city's expansive parks and touring its historic churches won't cost a thing.
- View 15 PhotosBelongs on List?#17 in Best Cheap European VacationsRead More
With seven islands to choose from, you're sure to find somewhere to stay that fits your budget on this Atlantic Ocean archipelago. Plus, the top attractions on the Canary Islands range from beautiful beaches to large national parks to historic neighborhoods (all free to visit), meaning you won't have to shell out extra to truly enjoy this paradise.
Vote to Add these Destinations to the Rankings
You May Be Interested In
June 14, 2019
June 13, 2019
June 13, 2019
June 12, 2019
June 12, 2019
June 6, 2019
June 5, 2019
June 4, 2019
May 31, 2019