Best Cheap European Honeymoon Destinations
Now that you've tied the knot, celebrate your newlywed status with an unforgettable trip to Europe. For an oh-so-romantic retreat without the steep price tag, U.S. News ranked the Best Cheap European Honeymoon Destinations based on the opinions of industry experts, editors and everyday travelers. To help decide the outcome of next year's ranking, vote below for your favorite destination.
- View 40 PhotosBelongs on List?#1 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
It doesn't get more romantic than Florence. Couples can spend their honeymoon wandering the streets and appreciating the art, architecture and delicious eats this Italian city has to offer. Save on lodging by booking a room on the outskirts of town.
- View 63 PhotosBelongs on List?#2 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
From the romantic Spanish Steps to the Trevi Fountain, the capital of Italy offers a wealth of free attractions for newlyweds to enjoy. Pick up unique souvenirs from the Porta Portese flea market on Sundays and save your coin for Italian pasta specialties.
- View 31 PhotosBelongs on List?#3 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
If the price of a romantic escape to Santorini is too expensive, stay closer to shore in Corfu. Its lush landscape, pebbly shores and cobblestone streets will melt away any post-wedding stress. Plus, Corfu Town boasts plenty of affordable lodging for newlyweds.
- View 38 PhotosBelongs on List?#4 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
The largest island in the Mediterranean offers honeymooners picturesque beaches, bright blue waters and hotel rates that average less than $100 per night. Vacation in spring or fall to avoid scorching temperatures and crowded stretches of sand.
- View 43 PhotosBelongs on List?#5 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
From the Prague Castle to the Charles Bridge, the capital of the Czech Republic overflows with romantic backdrops. Plus, Prague's hotels offer affordable rates and many of its most alluring attractions are free.
- View 20 PhotosBelongs on List?#6 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
If you're looking for a fairy tale-like locale for your honeymoon (but you don't have a fairy godmother), visit Vienna. New spouses can canoodle in cozy cafes and admire baroque palaces. Find affordable digs outside the Ringstrasse and sample cheap but delicious eats from street vendors.
- View 8 PhotosBelongs on List?#7 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
For an affordable honeymoon along the French Riviera, visit Cannes in the early fall. Average high temperatures are still warm enough for strolling along La Croisette promenade, and those seeking a little more seclusion can hop the ferry to the nearby Lérins Islands.
- View 48 PhotosBelongs on List?#8 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
This popular Spanish city offers affordable accommodations year-round, alfresco dining and a vibrant culture and nightlife for lovebirds to enjoy. Savor the menu del día to keep dining expenses in check and save your money for sangria.
- View 20 PhotosBelongs on List?#9 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
You and your new spouse can learn to flamenco and share romantic meals of affordable tapas in Seville. Since daily highs rarely drop below the 60s, it's an economical option for those who wed in fall and winter.
- View 45 PhotosBelongs on List?#10 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
Winding alleys, rolling hills and diverse architecture make Lisbon an attractive choice for honeymooners. And with plenty of affordable hotels to choose from, newlyweds can save their money for delicious meals.
- View 14 PhotosBelongs on List?#11 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
Couples who wed in the spring should consider this French destination for their affordable honeymoon. This small university town is the perfect addition to a vacation in Nice or Cannes, thanks to its affordable hotel rates and wealth of casual dining options. Newlyweds will appreciate the easygoing atmosphere after stressful wedding planning.
- View 20 PhotosBelongs on List?#12 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
Amorous duos looking for a coastal getaway that boasts rich history, delicious wine and plentiful beaches will find their match in Porto. Most of the city's top attractions are free, but newlyweds can also score deals by checking Porto's tourism board website.
- View 15 PhotosBelongs on List?#13 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
With average high temperatures hovering between 70 and 80 degrees, the Canary Islands make a perfect European beach honeymoon destination year-round. Plus, the beaches are always free to enjoy. Stick to the island of Gran Canaria to take advantage of free attractions, such as Roque Nublo.
- View 16 PhotosBelongs on List?#14 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
Smaller than its neighbors Cannes and Nice, Antibes is a much more affordable option for couples looking to honeymoon along the French Riviera. In fact, you can find hotel rates for less than $60 per night during the peak summer season, and the beaches are just as beautiful.
- View 20 PhotosBelongs on List?#15 in Best Cheap European Honeymoon DestinationsRead More
Newly hitched duos looking for a cosmopolitan honeymoon should consider Milan. While it'll cost you to see sites such as Leonardo da Vinci's "The Last Supper," people-watching the fashion-forward locals won't cost you a thing.
Vote to Add these Destinations to the Rankings
You May Be Interested In
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.
November 25, 2019
November 21, 2019
November 14, 2019
November 12, 2019
November 12, 2019
November 12, 2019
October 28, 2019
October 15, 2019
October 10, 2019