Best Honeymoon Destinations in Europe
Those who seek romance know Europe conjures up an unmistakable allure. Based on expert opinions, reader votes and factors like couple-friendly accommodations, attractions and dining, U.S. News pinpointed the top European spots for honeymooners. Vote for your favorites below to help determine next year's list.
- View 19 PhotosBelongs on List?#1 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
For couples who prefer cypress trees and leafy vineyards to sandy beaches, Tuscany makes an idyllic Italian retreat. Spend your days leisurely sipping glasses of Chianti at a local winery and exploring charming little towns together before savoring homemade pasta dishes.
- View 55 PhotosBelongs on List?#2 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
Anyone who has sipped French wine at a cozy cafe, picnicked beneath the Eiffel Tower or strolled The City of Light's cobbled streets can attest to Paris' inherent romance. And if you're looking for a luxurious place to stay, Paris hotels are the "crème de la crème."
- View 40 PhotosBelongs on List?#3 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
Florence, Italy's cobblestone streets exude romantic charm. After admiring the city's Renaissance architecture and lush Boboli Gardens with your new spouse, dine on authentic Tuscan fare. Then, retreat to your elegant accommodations for a glass of wine.
- View 20 PhotosBelongs on List?#4 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
Although Italy's Amalfi Coast is a bit of a trek to get to, its quaint cliffside towns are well worth the drive. All are filled with luxurious resorts, secluded beaches and gourmet Italian restaurants. For the region's most romantic sea views, stay in the colorful town of Positano.
- View 63 PhotosBelongs on List?#5 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
Couples who want a honeymoon jam-packed with activity will love visiting Rome. The Eternal City is filled with elegant hotels, delectable cuisine and bucket list-worthy attractions. Must-dos include making a wish at the Trevi Fountain and strolling beneath Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes in nearby Vatican City.
- View 23 PhotosBelongs on List?#6 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
Santorini lures newlyweds with its breathtaking scenery. Spend your honeymoon strolling past whitewashed buildings, climbing craggy cliffs and swimming in the Aegean Sea. Plus, the divine seafood dinners make for unforgettable meals.
- Belongs on List?
Loire Valley#7 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in Europe
This region in eastern France, which spans nearly 174 miles, is filled with vineyards and wildlife sanctuaries, making it a great honeymoon option for couples who enjoy wine and nature. For an extra dose of romance between wine tastings, tour one of the area's beautiful châteaux.
- View 18 PhotosBelongs on List?#8 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
The five fishing villages that make up this UNESCO World Heritage site are filled with Italian charm. After hiking the area's cliffside trails and strolling between its quaint pastel buildings, head to Fegina Beach in Monterosso al Mare to sunbathe or cool off in the Ligurian Sea.
- View 31 PhotosBelongs on List?#9 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
What's more romantic than Shakespeare? Corfu is said to have inspired the backdrop for "The Tempest." The Ionian Sea's calm waves, the wildflower-strewn landscape and the scent of olives and citrus wafting in from nearby groves are sure to help you and your soul mate relax.
- View 39 PhotosBelongs on List?#10 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
If you and your spouse want to see the best of the French Riviera, then Nice could be the perfect spot. For decades, this town has attracted the rich and famous with its pebble-covered beaches, lavish hotels, high-end boutiques and swanky casinos.
- View 30 PhotosBelongs on List?#11 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
As you and your other half approach this Italian island by boat, you'll quickly discover why it has wooed everyone from Roman rulers to Hollywood celebrities. Though you could spend your entire honeymoon admiring Capri's scenery, save time for other activities like exploring Villa Jovis' ruins and shopping along Camerelle Street.
- View 19 PhotosBelongs on List?#12 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
It's easy to see why this fairy tale city – where the iconic American actress Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier III of Monaco – is popular with honeymooners. Here, you can lounge along Larvotto Beach's sparkling sands and repose in your lavish hotel.
- View 17 PhotosBelongs on List?#13 in Best Honeymoon Destinations in EuropeRead More
With a trove of historic sites, lovely beaches and palm-fringed forests, Crete makes for a well-balanced honeymoon. When you're not hiking Samariá Gorge or taking a romantic stroll on the beach, indulge in rich Greek cuisine.