Spirit Airlines' Free Spirit frequent flyer program caters to people who travel domestically all over the United States, including cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, Baltimore, Dallas and Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Free Spirit is also advantageous for travelers who visit Latin American and Caribbean destinations like Aruba, Jamaica, Costa Rica and Lima, Peru. As a Free Spirit member, you'll earn miles every time you fly with Spirit Airlines. You can also collect miles for everyday purchases if you hold a Spirit Airlines World Mastercard. Plus, Spirit Airlines has partnerships with select restaurants, Choice Hotels, cruise lines, car rental agencies and more, which allow you to earn miles for dining, hotel stays, cruise vacations and car rentals.
Pros & Cons
Mileage credit can be earned up to 30 days after flying with Spirit
Members get access to exclusive promotions and offers
Numerous ways to earn mileage credit and achieve elite status
Miles expire after three months of account inactivity
Award redemption charges apply for flights booked fewer than 180 days in advance
Miles earned with the Spirit Airlines World Mastercard may take up to six weeks to post
Free Spirit is ranked as:
- 2.0Network Coverage »
- 1.0Ease of Earning Free Flight »
- 1.0Award Flight Availability »
- 2.0Additional Benefits »
- 3.5Airline Quality »
- 500 - 1,000No. of Daily Flights »
As a Free Spirit member, you'll earn miles every time you fly with Spirit Airlines. You can accumulate miles when you use your Spirit Airlines World Mastercard to make everyday purchases. Free Spirit also rewards you for staying at Choice Hotels, booking cruise vacations on the Spirit Cruises website, renting cars from partner companies Hertz, Budget and Avis, and dining at partner restaurants, clubs and bars.
Points Can Expire
Can Earn Points On:
Can Use Points On:
The Free Spirit program is split into three categories: Somebody, Elite and VIP. You may also become part of Spirit's $9 Fare Club, which offers advantages like reduced flight fares and discounted baggage fees.
The Fine Print
- If you hold a Spirit Airlines World Mastercard, you can redeem reward travel after accumulating 2,500 Free Spirit miles; if you don't have the card, you must have a minimum of 10,000 miles to put toward reward flights.
- Miles can only be applied to Spirit flights and magazine subscriptions.
- To use miles, you must book your flight through Spirit's website or the Free Spirit call center; an additional $35 fee applies if you use the call center.
- If you do not use your Spirit Airlines credit card at least once every three months, your miles can expire.
You Might Also Like
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.