The FRONTIER Miles program caters to travelers who fly frequently within the United States. Frontier Airlines services major domestic airports – like those in Denver, Atlanta and Chicago – as well as smaller destinations like Sioux Falls, South Dakota; Fargo, North Dakota; and Missoula, Montana. Frontier also offers flights to various destinations throughout Mexico and Puerto Rico. The FRONTIER Miles program awards miles based on the airport-to-airport air mileage distance flown. Miles earned can be used for free flights, car rentals and magazine subscriptions. FRONTIER Miles members can also earn miles when staying at certain hotels, purchasing services through partner merchants and charging everyday expenses to the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard credit card by Barclays.
Pros & Cons
Airline flies to wide selection of smaller airports in the U.S.
Program allows families to pool points into one account to use for multiple travelers
Rewards can be used for flights, car rentals and more
Frontier has fewer daily flights than major carriers like Delta and United
Basic membership benefits are limited
Miles expire six months after account inactivity
FRONTIER Miles is ranked as:
- 2.0Network Coverage »
- 4.5Ease of Earning Free Flight »
- 2.5Award Flight Availability »
- 3.0Additional Benefits »
- 2.2Airline Quality »
- < 500No. of Daily Flights »
As a FRONTIER Miles member, you'll earn miles on Frontier Airlines based on the distance traveled between airports. You can also earn miles on purchases with Frontier's partners – including stays at participating Wyndham and Marriott hotels, retail purchases and car rentals – or by using the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard. You can use your accumulated miles for free flights, magazine subscriptions and car rentals.
Points Can Expire
Can Earn Points On:
Can Use Points On:
Frontier's FRONTIER Miles program offers four levels of membership: basic, Elite 20K, Elite 50K and Elite 100K.
The Fine Print
- A minimum of 10,000 miles are needed to cover a one-way award ticket. For free round-trip flights, you'll need at least 20,000 miles.
- Miles can be earned retroactively up to 180 days after the flight departure date.
- Expired miles can be reinstated for a fee.
- Family Pooling allows up to eight friends, family members, coworkers, etc. to earn miles and add them to one account for future award flight redemptions.
You Might Also Like
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.