The HawaiianMiles rewards program is ideal for those traveling from the United States, Asia and the South Pacific to the Hawaiian Islands. Hawaiian Airlines serves more than 25 domestic and international destinations and provides nonstop daily service to Hawaii from multiple U.S. cities. The HawaiianMiles program offers a variety of ways to earn miles, from booking flights and hotels to shopping at Hawaiian Airlines' partner vendors. Earn more miles on everyday purchases by signing up and using the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard from Barclays. You can redeem your miles for future hotel stays, car rentals and flights on Hawaiian Airlines and its airline partners, which include JetBlue and Korean Air.
Pros & Cons
Variety of ways to earn miles
You can earn miles retroactively
Numerous award flight fare classes to choose from
Basic membership does not offer many advantages
Elite status cannot be earned by booking flights with partner airlines
Elite membership benefits are only available on Hawaiian Airlines flights
HawaiianMiles is ranked as:
- 1.5Network Coverage »
- 3.0Ease of Earning Free Flight »
- 1.5Award Flight Availability »
- 5.0Additional Benefits »
- 4.4Airline Quality »
- < 500No. of Daily Flights »
When you become a HawaiianMiles member, you can begin earning miles to cover the cost of flights on Hawaiian Airlines and any of its airline partners. Miles can also be used for groceries and shopping expenses, as well as booking hotel stays and car rentals. When you purchase flights and everyday items using the Hawaiian Airlines World Elite Mastercard, you'll earn additional miles.
Points Can Expire
Can Earn Points On:
Can Use Points On:
Hawaiian Airlines offers three levels of membership: basic, Pualani Gold and Pualani Platinum. You may also choose to upgrade to Premier Club status by paying an annual fee or using miles.
The Fine Print
- Miles expire if you have not earned or used miles within 18 months.
- The number of miles you can earn for booking a hotel, cruise or rental car varies by company.
- Miles collected on Hawaiian Airlines flights will be posted three to five days after the flight has been completed, and partner airline credits will be posted 60 to 90 days after the completed flight.
- HawaiianMiles members can acquire retroactive miles for Hawaiian Airlines flights as long as they are claimed within 120 days of the completed flight.
- HawaiianMiles members may not earn frequent flyer credit in more than one frequent flyer program for any one flight.
You Might Also Like
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.