The Choice Privileges program from Choice Hotels caters to families and business travelers who prefer to travel the world on a budget. There are more than 7,000 hotels participating in the program, with properties throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, Australia, Mexico, Central and South America, Canada and the Caribbean. Choice Privileges members can earn points that can be used toward free stays at Choice Hotels brands like Cambria Hotels, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites and Econo Lodge, among others. You can also cash in your points for free nights at participating Preferred Hotels & Resorts properties. If you have the Choice Privileges Visa Signature credit card from Barclays, you can earn Choice Privileges points for every dollar spent on hotel stays and everyday purchases.
Pros & Cons
More than 7,000 participating hotels
Stays at budget hotels can earn you free nights at higher-end properties
Members can earn points for hotel stays, car rentals, cruise vacations, flower deliveries and more
Choice Privileges points expire after 18 months of account inactivity
Free nights at Preferred Hotels & Resorts properties can only be booked by calling the Choice Privileges Service Center
Points needed for reward nights vary greatly by hotel
Choice Privileges is ranked as:
- 4.0Property Diversity »
- 5.0Geographic Coverage »
- 4.5Ease of Earning Free Night »
- 4.0Additional Benefits »
- > 4,000No. of Hotels »
Choice Privileges rewards you with points every time you stay in a Choice brand hotel or vacation rental, make a purchase with the Choice Privileges Visa Signature credit card from Barclays or shop at a Choice Privileges partner retailer. You can exchange those points for future stays in Choice Hotels and select Preferred Hotels & Resorts brand properties, or for airline miles, cruise vacations, Amtrak Guest Rewards points, gift cards and more.
Points Can Expire
Can Earn Points On:
Can Use Points On:
The Choice Privileges program is divided into four tiers: basic member, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
The Fine Print
- You can earn points for up to four rooms per night in one hotel if all rooms are reserved in your name and include your member number.
- For each stay, you must choose whether you want to earn Choice Privilege points, airline miles or Amtrak Guest Rewards points. You cannot earn all three in one stay.
- The number of miles earned with airline partners for hotel stays varies by carrier.
- Accrued points cannot be transferred to a different account or combined with another member's points.
- Reward nights cannot be booked more than 100 days before your arrival date.
You Might Also Like
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.