The I Prefer Hotel Rewards program caters to business and leisure travelers who enjoy staying at independent hotels and resorts when visiting popular cities across the United States, Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean and more destinations around the globe. Members of the I Prefer program can earn and redeem points in more than 700 Preferred Hotels & Resorts across 85 countries. By frequenting I Prefer's properties, members can rack up points that can be used for free night stays and exclusive benefits. Beyond accumulating rewards points, members can achieve higher status to gain extra perks like room upgrades, late checkout times and complimentary welcome amenities.
Pros & Cons
Contains the world's largest independent hotel network
Upon enrolling, members receive Insider benefits, including complimentary internet access, early check-in and late checkout
Can earn points for other charges at select properties, such as spa treatments, dining at hotel restaurants, gift shop purchases and more
Limited ways to redeem accumulated points
Not all participating hotels accept I Prefer reward certificates for dining, spa services and other charges
Maintaining Elite membership status requires earning a large number of points each year
I Prefer Hotel Rewards is ranked as:
- 5.0Property Diversity »
- 3.5Geographic Coverage »
- 1.0Ease of Earning Free Night »
- 3.0Additional Benefits »
- 500 - 999No. of Hotels »
Members of the I Prefer Hotel Rewards program can earn and use points at more than 700 participating Preferred Hotels & Resorts. There are hundreds of properties in the United States, Canada and Mexico – along with scores of other properties across Europe, Central and South America, Africa, Asia, the Pacific, the Caribbean and the Middle East – that honor I Prefer points. Points can be redeemed for reward certificates that can be used for nightly stays, and some participating I Prefer properties allow points to be applied to spa, dining and other services.
Points Can Expire
Can Earn Points On:
Can Use Points On:
The I Prefer program is divided into two membership tiers: Insider and Elite.
The Fine Print
- All I Prefer Points and status benefits will expire after 24 months of inactivity.
- To apply I Prefer points toward a hotel stay, a reward certificate (available upon logging in to preferredhotels.com and clicking on "redeem reward") must be applied. Reward certificates are available in $25, $50, $100, $250 and $500 increments and are awarded based on points accumulated.
- Reward certificates may be transferred to another I Prefer member upon request.
- Members will receive I Prefer points seven days after completing a qualifying reservation.
- Perks and services that are afforded to members may vary by property, regardless of membership status.
You Might Also Like
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.