Leaders Club, the membership program for The Leading Hotels of the World, is most beneficial for leisure travelers – particularly those who prefer to stay in independent properties with luxe digs that reflect their surroundings. There are 400-plus luxury LHW properties across the globe, with numerous locations in the United States, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia and more. Though an annual membership fee is required to participate, program members will earn points for stays, which can be redeemed for free nights. You'll also have access to member benefits like daily complimentary breakfast for two, at least one annual prearrival upgrade, free internet access and access to exclusive rates and experiences.
Pros & Cons
Members can earn points for up to three rooms per stay
Program includes daily complimentary breakfast for two each day of your stay
Sterling members receive five annual prearrival upgrades and a renewal points bonus
An annual membership fee is required to access benefits
Stays that are booked through third-party websites or individual hotel websites do not qualify for earning points and benefits
Suites and villas do not qualify for prearrival upgrades
Leaders Club is ranked as:
- 3.0Property Diversity »
- 1.5Geographic Coverage »
- 4.5Ease of Earning Free Night »
- 1.5Additional Benefits »
- 100 - 499No. of Hotels »
You can accrue and redeem points for stays at any participating Leading Hotels of the World property. Most of LHW's 400-plus hotels are located in Europe, though many are also available in the U.S., the Caribbean and Asia. Free nights start at 4,000 points. However, the exact points requirement for a free night varies by hotel and seasonality.
Points Can Expire
Can Earn Points On:
Can Use Points On:
The Fine Print
- Points expire if you do not renew your membership by your annual enrollment anniversary.
- If you book multiple rooms, only your room qualifies for property benefits like free breakfast.
- Points for eligible stays may take up to 10 days to appear in your Leaders Club account.
- Prearrival upgrades post to your account in January of each qualifying period. To use a prearrival upgrade, you must submit your request at least three days before your arrival date.
- Rooms booked using points are not eligible for prearrival upgrades.
You Might Also Like
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.