The World of Hyatt program is geared toward business and leisure travelers who visit major cities within the United States, Canada, Europe, Mexico and Asia. The Hyatt portfolio comprises more than 700 properties worldwide, with hotels concentrated in major U.S. destinations like Atlanta, Chicago, New York City and San Francisco. The network of brands includes Joie de Vivre, Thompson Hotels, Hyatt Regency, Andaz, Park Hyatt and Grand Hyatt, among others. As a World of Hyatt member, you will accumulate points to use for free nights, room upgrades, FIND experiences, airline miles, car rentals, dining, and Exhale spa and fitness services. If you have a World of Hyatt Credit Card from Chase Visa, you can earn additional points for everyday purchases (including dining, flights and car rentals) and charges made at Hyatt hotels.
Pros & Cons
Complimentary stays in standard rooms start at 5,000 points per night
Can earn and use points at hotels across a variety of price points and styles
Elite members of the World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage programs can earn points and miles simultaneously for participating stays and flights
Some elite membership benefits are not available at select hotels
Free night awards are only available for standard rooms when hotels have availability at the standard rate
Rooms at high-end category properties cost a large number of points
World of Hyatt is ranked as:
- 4.5Property Diversity »
- 3.5Geographic Coverage »
- 5.0Ease of Earning Free Night »
- 5.0Additional Benefits »
- 500 - 999No. of Hotels »
You can earn points by staying at Hyatt properties. You can also collect points through the purchase of goods and services with Hyatt's partners and on everyday purchases made with your World of Hyatt Credit Card. And Hyatt's alliance with 23 airline carriers allows you to earn miles instead of points for each Hyatt stay.
Points Can Expire
Can Earn Points On:
Can Use Points On:
The World of Hyatt program has four levels of membership: Member, Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist. The more often you stay with Hyatt, the quicker you'll climb the membership ladder. All membership levels allow you to redeem points for a free night in any available qualifying room.
The Fine Print
- Members can combine the necessary number of points in one World of Hyatt account with another member's account to redeem an award. A point-combining transaction can only be completed by a member once every 30 days.
- Late checkout is not available at Hyatt Residence Club resorts and MGM Resorts destinations.
- If an account is left inactive for more than two years, all points in the account will be forfeited. Memberships tied to inactive accounts will not be terminated unless program terms have been violated.
- You will not receive points for rooms booked through third-party websites or with travel agent, Hyatt employee or airline employee discounts.
- Points may not cover taxes or service charges.
You Might Also Like
If you make a purchase from our site, we may earn a commission. This does not affect the quality or independence of our editorial content.